Your ideas for new functions
Please sign your posts with '~~~~' and use * in front of your idea.
- A top-down view window and data table layout that is always shown. The window should support area select as well as multi-select, highlighting, and intuitive color scheming with customization.
- An intuitive view window that can show combinations of points from different KMP sections together. "Show All" or "Filters" can be toggled individually as needed as well as unique view toggles to each KMP section such as "Links" and "Area".
- An intelligent view window that can overlay KMP data over a course or model map as needed using SZS integration. Course model overlaying should be smart enough to hide ceilings when toggled as well as handle multiple levels of height through a slider or depth perception.
- The program should be verbose and should warn the user about all aspects of the KMP that are invalid as well as make suggestions to the user about various aspects within the KMP that can be improved upon. It can either do this intrusively or non-intrusively or hybrid; the design is up to the programmer.
- --Torran 01:15, 6 October 2012 (UTC)
Another Idea of me would be:
- Stop coding in Visual Basic, because as you see it is very slow and laggy.
- Convert the code as best as possible for C# and optimize some things. I think when you'll start coding it with C# more people will start using your KMP Modifier, because these lagging Tabs do annoy me like many other people
- I don't understand why you are bashing VB.net, since there is only one thing it is slower with than with C#, that's the starting up, further both languages are almost identical. If you have problems with the tabs, it is your computer. There are some coding errors, which cause some lag in the editor, that's all that happens on my computer.
- kHacker35000vr (talk) 19:50, 18 September 2013 (UTC)
The obj has invalid data inside it, every software uses a different way of making them and numbers like 1e2 instead of just 100 arr invalid. Obj exports from the SZS Modifier will always work. --kHacker35000vr (talk) 11:20, 26 April 2013 (UTC)
- It is CTGPr lapcount, outside the pack it won't work.
- kHacker35000vr (talk) 15:45, 8 August 2013 (UTC)
Software created in
Was the KMP Modifier created in VB.NET? If so, can I have the project file for some help with my project. I need to know how some of the functions work please. Thanks
- Yes it was, and I prefer not to give any of the source to anybody. If you want to learn it, I'll advice you to start with little applications, and search anything you don't understand on the internet. You'll learn more by trial and error than with cribbing.
- kHacker35000vr (talk) 19:47, 18 September 2013 (UTC)
- I am making a KCL Editor. Where would I start, to learn how to display files like that?
- Jimjam656 (talk) 14:35, 21 September 2013 (UTC)
When you add an object, E.G. A leaf pile, there are settings templates. For example, when you hit it, a star will come out. The settings can be edited
When you do rotations of objects there is an arrow pointing to where the object is facing.
If the app detects there is a false setting put in, and the game will freeze, an Msg box tells you to fill that in. So it reports errors.
- I don't know exactly what you need with setting templates, but there is a build in tool that displays the settings and there is a plan to use icons instead of dots for the objects, but that just takes ages to create. Rotations can already be made visible (hint: Press and hold CTRL). And invalid settings for itemboxes are almost impossible to find out by code, as settings can be vary a lot.
- kHacker35000vr (talk) 19:37, 29 September 2013 (UTC)