List off all Opening CAMEs (original Tracks)
Is this really necessary?
kHacker35000vr 20:22, 27 October 2011 (CEST)
- Hmm I don't know. If you ask this question I and all other guys will think that this is not real necessary. But there are no options to find these CAMEs out. There can be a important role for some tracks. I'll wait for more comments and then I will choose if I delete this or not.
- LuigiM 20:42, 27 October 2011 (CEST)
- I don't understand the table (the IDs for Luigis Circuit are 11,12,13) and I don't see the information for the suers. The ID is totally irrelevant and don't help to understand the camera system.
- btw: Here is a textual representation of all camera settings of all 32 Nintendo tracks: http://szs.wiimm.de/download/kmp/CAME.txt
- I have such tables for KMP all sections.
- Wiimm 21:11, 27 October 2011 (CEST)
- Year, you are right but the first Camera doesn't watch to CAME 11 but rather to CAME 4. Do you understand what I mean?
- LuigiM 21:26, 27 October 2011 (CEST)
- No, I don't understand. For camera type 5:
- The position in the CAME section is irrelevant. The related route describes the camera position.
- The camera looks to the view point route (start+end+speed). See CAME section header for details.
- The camera use the zoom settings (start+end+speed).
- I think, my tools makes camera editing easier, because
- the parameters are clearly named
- automatic calculation as additional info (time+length)
- cross reference
- conditional creation for extensive tests.
- No hard copy needed for documentation.
- Wiimm 21:36, 27 October 2011 (CEST)
- No, I don't understand. For camera type 5:
- Hmm so you mean that the Settings controlls the points where the cameras are watching?
- LuigiM 21:48, 27 October 2011 (CEST)
- Yes, I KNOW. Many of the entries about camera routes and timings in this wiki are made by me. Do you know my opening cams of Haunted Woods and Kalimari Desert?
- Wiimm 22:10, 27 October 2011 (CEST)
- Ahh I've seen it, nice!
- LuigiM 22:32, 27 October 2011 (CEST)
I really see this as being a tutorial page. It could instead be a discussion of the more technical aspects to cameras, but I think that's what Cameras/Reference is for. If it is a tutorial, then the focus should be on a clear step-by-step guide to the basic settings written in plain language. In that case, we should just link to the CAME data table that's already on KMP_(File_Format)#CAME. @Wimm your contributions helped me a lot with the cameras on my levels, as you can see in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcpZXynmlxU. --Jefe 22:47, 27 October 2011 (CEST)
Why don't we just add this to the KMP Editing page? There is no need for this to be a stand alone guide, as it is a part of KMP Editing, and it's never been explained in a simple way, it needs to be a tutorial in my opinion. -SuperMario64DS 18:00, 28 October 2011 (CEST)
- Hmm I don't know. Camera Editting is not so easy. I think it should have its own page. The KMP Editing Page link to this page. And that is only MY opinion.
- LuigiM 19:48, 28 October 2011 (CEST)
- I thing, this page (named "cameras") should be a technical one with technical details. Now it is more a tutorial/howto for the szs modifiers KMP editor that should be moved, may be to an own page, maybe to the other tutorial stuff. Let's goo back for basic infos here.
- Wiimm 20:42, 28 October 2011 (CEST)
- To which name should I move this? To something like Camera Tutorial? I think that is the best name.
- LuigiM 21:07, 28 October 2011 (CEST)
- Ok I'll wait for SuperMario64DS and Jefe. Other people doesn't comment this page :/
- LuigiM 10:16, 29 October 2011 (CEST)
Routes for cameras and object
It seems, that a route cannot shared by a route and a camera. First Captain Kwark ask me for help for his new track, it freeze always. I have duplicated the routes that are shared by cameras and objects. The objects use now identical routes and the track works. Then LuigiCTGPMaster ask me to check his Water Island, it freeze too. The track also shares routes. I have not yet a report of him, but I think it's the same problem.
Wiimm 20:51, 1 November 2011 (CET)
- In other words, people should look better which routes are used and which don't? I have also noticed that's very hard to see which route is used by what.
- I'm planning to do such a check in the new KMP Modifier but that's far from release.
- kHacker35000vr 21:52, 1 November 2011 (CET)
Cameras was moved to here
And now the list of camera types is missing. The 'Camera types' link leads back to the same page. Does anyone have the camera type list?
--Guilmon35249vr 02:23, 4 November 2011 (CET)
I am setting up an opening camera for an upcoming custom track.
Now what is the difference between an opening camera's route and the position/start/end point? --CT creator Emer, (talk here) 00:06, 17 May 2014 (UTC)