- 1 KCL Value 0x1A
- 2 Unlock editing for this page
- 3 About the proposed new structure
- 4 Cannons
- 5 Intensity
- 6 Weak Off Road /Heavy Off Road / Very Weak Off Road
- 7 Misc. Effects
- 8 Slippery road and ice water
- 9 Fall Boundaries
- 10 Moving Terrain?
- 11 Variant tests
- 12 Grass
- 13 "Spin-out"/"Stun" KCL?
- 14 Flag help
- 15 Sticky Road?
- 16 Toads Factory BRSTM RESET
KCL Value 0x1A
I believe that the KCL Value 0x1A is not a music channel activator. I see it in Mushroom Gorge, so it's quite possible that it's a post effect swapper activator.
ALPHAMARIOX 11:37, 16 July, 2011 (CMST)
- 0x1A is a normal activator that can activate several things.
- Tock 19:41, 16 July 2011 (CEST)
- I'm now testing different kind of roads, like 0x00, 0x17 and 0x1D, and offroads; to see if my theory about "xyz" structure is correct, I see I was wrong with the value "y" in offroad, it controls either the sound intensity or the effect intensity, but works different for each variant apparently. When I'm done I'll start every other test.
- HelloImYourMind 20:34, 16 July 2011 (CEST)
- In a conversation with HelloImYourMind on skype, we've discussed about another structure, I came up with 4 settings instead of 3 and it seems to be right, in the end we thought the variant settings are devided in 3 3-bits structures and one 2-bits one, in the order: 3-2-3-3, where the first group specifies character effect (trickable etc), the second specifies intensity, the third shadow effect, and the last the basic effect).
- Vulcanus2 22:43, 16 July 2011 (CEST)
- Today I wanted to make an ice road, but the variant was not here, the variant is B or 00B XD, in 0x00.
- What is (CEST)? I'm not good with acronyms...
- LBFlbf1 17:20, 3 August 2011
Unlock editing for this page
I just discovered that this page says "Moonview Highway does not use posteffects." This is not true; Moonview Highway does have posteffects and I even used them at Thunder City. I think it is time to unlock editing for the page, especially since it has such false info that I am unable to edit. --BigOto 01:44, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- I fixed the MH Posteffect info, since it totally uses posteffects. --Digital Monster, Guilmon35249vr 02:12, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- I have also discovered that the list of KCL flags was originally made by me, and I was wrong about some of the flags. For example, "guard rail" is actually a wood wall "bumb" effect. Again, I don't get why exactly this is locked when it still contains some errors? --BigOto 01:30, 2 September 2012 (UTC)
About the proposed new structure
The structure discussed with Vulcanus2 was www|xx|yyy|zzz. Now, I was trying to explain to BigOto this, I used a variant 222 as example. In binary it seems to be fine, Undrivable Sand Road with Shadow effect, but in octal something caught my interest:
KCL Variant 022: 000|00|100|010 in binary and 0042 in octal This variant is untrickable and drivable
KCL Variant 122: 001|00|100|010 in binary and 0442 in octal This variant is trickable and drivable
KCL Variant 222: 010|00|100|010 in binary and 1042 in octal This variant is untrickable but undrivable
If the structure w x y z applies exactly the same in octal, the first "4" in "0442" makes no sense. "x" is supposed to be intensity, and this 3 variants have default sound effect in-game (that means 0, intensity is OK), so that 4 is impossible there. Also, how to differentiate trickable road to untrickable road if both "w" values are "0" in octal ???
HelloImYourMind 00:37, 17 July 2011 (CEST)
- I already said, if you view it in octal it shows ww|wxx|yyy|zzz instead of www|xx|yyy|zzz, so if it's more than 0400 (octal), do the first digit +1 and the 2nd -4, and you have it in the www|xx|yyy|zzz, you need to calculate that back to know it in hex again :P.
- Vulcanus2 14:44, 17 July 2011 (CEST)
- Oh well, I had to realize that yesterday :P since |xx| can only have 4 possibilities, and a number 4 doesn't fit there, then it should have been like w|xx| (1|00| which that means 4) :P
- --HelloImYourMind 19:08, 17 July 2011 (CEST)
I want to make 2 cannons at my CT Easy, but how do i program that the first cannon activator KCL goes to the first cannon point and the 2nd one to the 2nd cannon point?
PC Freak 13:30, 23 July 2011 (CEST)
- I think you have to put these settings:
Type Variant 0x11 The cannon variant
- But I never had to put more than one cannon.
- LBFlbf1 17:33 03 August 2011
I have tested a wall and a boost with all 4 possible values but it doesn't seem to affect anything, all I noticed was that the road was kinda messed up with value 0C0 and a boost in the road but that could also be the kcl bug of ctools. How did you find this out?
kHacker35000vr 21:48, 20 August 2011 (CEST)
- Type A variants only work for the selected Road and Offroad flags (0x00, 0x17, 0x1D, 0x16, 0x03 and 0x01) boost and wall variant settings are different.
- HelloImYourMind 22:06, 20 August 2011 (CEST)
Weak Off Road /Heavy Off Road / Very Weak Off Road
I'm confused by these terms. What exactly do they mean in terms of their effects? If I'm looking for the slowest possible road material which material should I choose? --Jefe 09:25, 1 October 2011 (CEST)
Very weak = you can drift on it that like 5% slow down
Weak = Low effect of slow down.
Heavy = Very Slow down (like Snow on DK pass for exemple)
Hope it help you :3
Yes, that did the trick. --Jefe 20:11, 2 October 2011 (CEST)
I could really use some help. I need settings for a slippery road (0x00 + 003 doesn't seem to do anything.) I don't want the road to slow you down, just cause you to lose traction and slide around like it's icy. The other settings I'm after is a normal off-road with a snow sound effect and white dust particles, barring that off road without any dust particles. The last thing I'm looking for is a heavy off-road (0X04) with a metal sound or no sound at all and no particles.
- Slippery road could probably be borrowed from N64 Sherbet Land's KCL? --Guilmon35249vr 00:44, 21 October 2011 (CEST)
- I thought about that, but I don't have a copy of the iso or the stock tracks. And it just doesn't seem all the slippery to me. The icy areas in the real F-ZERO level are very slippery.
- I'm going to go ahead and release the level, but if someone comes up with a solution I'll include when I next update the track. --Jefe 06:21, 21 October 2011 (CEST)
Slippery road and ice water
for a slippery road with no collision effects intesity 1 and no shadow i got varient 043  but the effect is the same as a normal road. for ice water i used a fall boundry but i dont really know how to make it so i got varient 003 but it a normal fall how would i get it to be icey. --Rosalina rides
- Thanks for the response. I think you need to have the pocha brres effect from Sherbet Land. If you do that it I think will only work in Sherbet Land's slot, so decide if you really want that. I briefly had a dripping effect in Rooster Island and still had the pocha set up, but for some reason it stopped working between builds (I think when I was deleting some unused brres files to clean up the szs package.) --Jefe 02:25, 26 October 2011 (CEST)
- P.S. Rosalina, you need to sign your posts on talk pages. ;) I added yours this time for the sake of readability. --Jefe 02:25, 26 October 2011 (CEST)
The only "special" thing from rSL is the Ice respawn. Sherbet Lands slots only require the ice.brres in the szs. Every KCL value isnt SL slot based.
Tock 03:27, 26 October 2011 (CEST)
Does someone know if the fall boundary variant 005 (air fall with fire entry or smth like that) works on every slot? I plan to use it, but the slot I'm working with is boardcross_course.
HelloImYourMind 03:15, 9 November 2011 (CET)
- It at least LOADS on every slot. Not sure if it can actually be used on every slot. Worth a try, though. --Guilmon35249vr 03:36, 9 November 2011 (CET)
Since there isn't any info on this page about the moving terrain, I'll ask here. So in my course I "moving terrain", one like the river in Koopa Cape. For what reason is this info not on this page? And what variant does it use?
SuperMario64DS, 21:58, 9 November 2011 (CET)
- If it's not at the page noone has tested it yet, I can test it if you want the data.
- kHacker35000vr 07:23, 10 November 2011 (CET)
- Oh, you will? Thank-you. What makes me most curious, is how it controls direction, could it be the rotation of the face, depending on the direction that the texture was originally face forward? I'd like to know, thank-you.
- SuperMario64DS, 22:40, 10 November 2011 (CET)
- I had already an idea about this back in April, never tested it. Because it will be some time before I'll finally use it, I decided to share the idea:
- Moving terrain's variant refers to a route in KMP, on the route you can set the strength of the flow and ofc the direction by just putting the dots in the right direction. I based this on a research of KC and TF. TF's moving terrain is 0x15, KC's water flow is 0x0B, which is now known as normal shallow water, and it is when the route settings are all 00000000, (KC and rYF also uses another way of water flow, the water falls don't use a route but probably an AREA/object, I haven't done research on those).
- Vulcanus2 14:34, 11 November 2011 (CET)
- Okay, so it goes like this:
- I place the moving water textures. I make the moving water 0x0B. I leave the variant as 000, and set a route with settings at 00000000. I then set the 'Dots' along the route with the moving water. I make each one face the direction the water moves. By being in each spot, it makes the water force you the direction each dot you go by is set to.
- But does it have to be places exactly on the water? Or above it/by it? And What would I do if I wanted separate routes?
- Okay, so it goes like this:
- SuperMario64DS, 18:21, 11 November 2011 (CET)
- Moving water is not assigned to moving terrain. I'm not sure about the routes. Check kc for more info, EDIT: sorry understood you wrong, the variant is the route so use 001 for route with id 1
- kHacker35000vr 18:29, 11 November 2011 (CET)
007 fast trick variant 002 is "low trick" (tested). HackSizer 22:42, 9 April 2012 (CEST)
I found out that 0x04 Variant 5 is snow offroad from DK Summit --Buschkling 02:54, 16 April 2012 (UTC)
In the 0x17 road section, isn't the non-offroad grass bound by the GCN DK Mountain slot? If so it should probably be listed. -- WorldsBoss 06:53, 4 October 2012 (UTC)
- I tested all of the flags that I looked at on a scrappy Custom Track over the Mushroom Gorge track slot. The grass did work. Surprisingly, so did the Sherbet Land ice. I was suspicious of slots affecting some of the flags, especially silent ones, but I didn't want to test all the values again on different slots. Anyone is welcome to relabel or prove me wrong on these flags. Zilla 07:24, 4 October 2012 (UTC)
- Interesting... I knew that the sound effect worked on other slots but I wasn't aware that the grass effect still happened too. The only one I know for sure to be slot-dependant is the Rainbow Road twinkling sound when you drift, I wonder how many of the other currently unknown values are hiding these kinds of secrets... -- WorldsBoss 07:47, 4 October 2012 (UTC)
- For graphic effects, I didn't exactly keep track, but most came from Very Weak Off-road, or Heavy Off-road. I think Off-road has some too, but the rest only had sound effects. I didn't know if it was worth noting, since too much information would look weird in the table, so this is another excuse to revisit the flags. Zilla 07:54, 4 October 2012 (UTC)
- The only one I'm aware of is 0x1E 000, but it acts as a wall, not terrain. Also, whomever edited 0x1E's variant's list, forgot about this one.
- --HelloImYourMind (talk) 18:16, 24 July 2013 (UTC)
- If you use Sketchup, rename the material you want to assign flag to "_XX_YYY" (XX:collision type, YYY:basic effect). For example, normal road (0x00) with wood effect is "_00_004".
- -- CaronHT (talk) 12:59, 3 December 2017 (JST)
- _xx_xxx (and _xxxx) works only, if option HEX23 (HEX4) is enabled. Instead you can use _Fxxxx (works always) where xxxx is the hex value of the complete flag. → https://szs.wiimm.de/info/kcl-guide.html#def-flag
- You can also use a flag file for name-to-flag translation → https://szs.wiimm.de/info/kcl-guide.html#flagfile
- Last not least, command CFF helps you to create and update the flag file → https://szs.wiimm.de/cmd/cff
- -- Wiimm (talk) 08:57, 3 December 2017 (UTC)
Toads Factory BRSTM RESET
Recently i tried to put 1Ax000 into my track over mario circuit 3 slot and it didnt work. So i tried in toads factory slot and it still doesn't reset the brstm.