Talk:How to play Custom Tracks
HBC is not required to install Riivolution or to play CTs. As such it shouldn't be mentioned so prominently in the introduction. People will be reading this article because they want to play CTs, not because they want to install HBC, which in this case is just one means to the goal of playing CTs. Installing the Riivolution channel is a much simpler method of launching CTs and should be presented as the primary method.
The article also needs better instructions on how to launch CTs once everything is installed, per the title. --Jefe 07:04, 8 November 2011 (CET)
- But with Letter Bomb + The New Hackmii Installer it's been harder to install Riivolution. I mentioned how to install the HBC Because it is a method itself to getting Riivoultion, and should be mentioned first, as it was included in one of the methods for getting Riivoultion + I refered to all of the HBC Methods for getting Riivoution. I will expand it more. Most people want the HBC anyways, as it can be used to hack Mario Kart Wii. It should be mentioned since it can be used to install Riivolution. I plan on adding more later.
- SuperMario64DS 07:13, 8 November 2011 (CET)
- This article is about playing CTs and the intended audience is beginners. You shouldn't assume they know what HBC is or that have any interest in hacking; it should simply be presented as an alternative if other methods aren't practical. They can learn about what all HBC can do elsewhere. Keep things as simple as possible for newbies.
- I don't know why you think the letterbomb method is complicated. You look up your mac address on the menu, Type it in the letterbomb site, put it on your card, open the letter, then install Riivo. It's quite simple. --Jefe 07:31, 8 November 2011 (CET)
- I've never seen a friend code be mandatory for installing HBC or Riivolution. As for an altered MAC Address, I have tried re-installing HBC and Riivolution on my second Wii (it has the Error Code 20102 ban) and was formatted. I have changed my MAC Address on there, using a MAC Address alteration code for Mario Kart Wii, however it failed to unban me, so formatting is what I resorted to. When I tried using that MAC Address for Letterbomb, I froze when I tried to load the letter and this happen a couple times, around 4 I think. I don't think it was my downloaded copy of the archive that was the cause of this. --ALPHAMARIOX 05:01, 8 November 2011 (MST)
- I think he just confused MAC Address with Friend Code. They're both composed of numbers and help identify your Wii, but they're very different otherwise.--Jefe 13:07, 8 November 2011 (CET)