Talk:GCN Wario Colosseum (MKDasher)
Ultra Shortcut in RC2.2
What about adding the grid sound effect when drifting? Does anybody have the kcl model, cuz that would be required. -- NiAlBlack 20:39, 01 October 2012 (CEST)
- Export the KCL with my tools, modify and reimport the OBJ. -- Wiimm 19:01, 1 October 2012 (UTC)
- If anyone is gonna go to that much trouble to fix the grid effect, the invisible walls have a spark effect when you hit them when they should have no-spark. -- WorldsBoss 19:09, 1 October 2012 (UTC)
- I created a new collision model now, but when generating a kcl it always says there isnt enough vertex space. If anyone could generate the kcl for me, please contact me and I'll give you the model, you can find me on mariokartwii.com or youtube or just write on my user talk page. -- NiAlBlack 20:33, 28 October 2012
What about improving the textures for this track, because in the original they were darker and somehow the sky looks brown, that could be fixed too. -- NiAlBlack 20:39, 01 October 2012 (CEST)
I was just looking at the files. The VRCORN model actually has all the textures from Funky Stadium for some reason, and should be cleaned up. The course_model itself has a black skydome built in, so I doubt the VRCORN model is acutally used. If that's the case, the VRCORN model should be replaced with something that has just 1 texture to shrink the filesize down. (There are also some unused objects like TwistedWay.brres that should be removed.) The sky textures in both the course_model and the VRCORN model are BLACK. I think the reddish brown color is actually fog, which isn't difficult to change with a little hex editing. --Jefe 13:37, 12 October 2012 (UTC)
- This track makes use of the vrcorn_model workaround: a way to achieve more complexity before BRRES expansion, and after BRRES expansion it became a way to get animated textures in CT's since CTools doesn't support animations. Now (because of BrawlBox) the workaround isn't needed anymore. The workaround is also the cause of the lag issues on the track. --Vulcanus2 16:15, 12 October 2012 (UTC)
Since NiAlBlack updated this track, I've discovered plenty of new (annoying) glitches on the track, having to do with the KCL. Constantly, at sharp turns especially, I keep getting rejected into walls, or I get randomly jumped, at some points of the track. Also, some walls act like they have culling, which they didn't use to have, so you can jump to specific points of the track from another. (although this doesn't count the lap...) Just letting everyone know, so this could get fixed.
--sup3rsmash8, 1 November 2012, 23:23 (UTC)
- Yeah, I noticed some weird things too, but I rechecked the KCL and everything should be fine. I can try to make a new KCL if you want. It may matter that I misunderstood how kcl flags work first and I adjusted the flags afterwards because of that. I will retry now. But about that culling thing, I haven't changed anything related to that. -- NiAlBlack, 2 November 2012, 23:10 (CET)
- Can you reupload the original v1.0 and put it in "Version History" at least? Zilla 23:10, 2 November 2012 (UTC)
- A check tells me:
* CHECK KCL:GCN Wario Colosseum v1.1(MKDasher,Wiimm,NiAlBlack).szs/course.kcl - HINT: Signature: WiimmSZS v1.08 - HINT: 5 of 2897 drivable triangles are face down => --kcl=RM-FACEDOWN - HINT: 3 of 2897 drivable triangles are face down (>30°). + WARNING: 2 of 4535 triangles have invalid values => --kcl=DROP-INVALID
- Try --kcl=drop,rm-facedown when creating the KCL.
- or wszst norm --kcl=drop,rm-face track.szs for the szs.
- Wiimm 06:35, 5 November 2012 (UTC)
- It doesn't work :( -- Wiimm 11:24, 6 November 2012 (UTC)
- That's probably because the kcl model created by MKDasher was a big mess. Believe me, I noticed that when editing it. I know that the scale he used is 59, so I should be able to recreate the glitchy areas by copying parts of the original model, but I won't do this now. -- NiAlBlack 15:51, 7 November 2012 (UTC)
v1.1 Download removed
The v1.1 download has been removed on MediaFire. Could anyone upload this track on a different filehoster?
--M4x 17:37, October 4, 2013 (UTC)
About the Track
It is one of my favourite tracks I have play yestetday the original game. There are no effekts and b no animations like some other GCN tracks, because they are now old i know that. But with the programms today it can make better . I wikl not rush anyone. Don' misunderstand me please. What i want to say is, some tracks of the retro series in future can look be better.--Snake 10:53, 16 March 2014 (UTC)