Talk:Custom Track Regions/Wiimmfi
Long term plans: Manage regions over Wiimmfi portal
I have plans to manage the Custom Track Regions completely over Wiimmfi and its Portal. It is a long term plan that should be published in 2018. I want to discuss it here before starting with the implementation.
- State of the art
- I already manage allowed regions for Wiimmfi. This page is only a manually moderated mirror of the Wiimmfi reality.
- I have to edit all requests and little changes requested here on the Wiimmfi server.
- This page allows to reserve regions without activating the region at Wiimmfi.
- Sometimes I overlook some requests.
- When a user asks me, I can assign regions to his Wiimmfi account.
- Later, users can claim regions by themself at Wiimmfi portal. All claims are assigned with an timeout if unused.
- Auto claim of first N free regions.
- If wanted, I can assign a region to 2 or more accounts.
- After assigning a region to a Wiimmfi account, the user can manage the region:
- Give it a name
- Enable or disable racing, battle and/or countdown.
- Manage flags for mkw-ana (deny/allow cheats).
- If an owner sets bad region names (forbidden words) I will revoke the assignment, but still allow the usage of the region.
- Features for the owner of the region:
Would it be ever possible to have privileges of your own region? For example, being like a "moderator" for your region to kick/ban people from that region only, so they aren't able to join there. —Atlas (talk) 22:18, 4 June 2017 (UTC)
- In case someone is developing a new game mode, and has a first test version available, we can (and will) assign them a new 2-letter region prefix for that game mode, just like we did with "cd" for the CTGP countdown mode. Just enabling all of them just causes a mess when everyone wants a cool prefix for their region. -- Leseratte (talk) 19:56, 8 June 2017 (UTC)
- I don't know if this is too much to ask for, but, can there be my stuff detection? Example, if someone has custom tracks in their my stuff folder on a pack that has all custom tracks (MKW Hack Pack for one), or if someone picks custom tracks in a worldwide or friend room. Reason: Too many times on MKW Hack Pack I find myself getting my wii freezed because someone picks a wrong track, and that wrong track ends up having, for example, a cannon, but the track I'm playing doesn't have cannon kcl/kmp in it, so it freezes. If this is not possible, I understand. Huili (talk) 20:25, 8 June 2017 (UTC)
- This is nothing Wiimmfi can do. mkw-ana could only do limited checks, like start position, and no other checks. And Wiimmfi can't check anything like that. Wiimmfi doesn't know what track you load, or if you have MyStuff, or anything like that. You'd need to develop cheat codes for that, that way (if someone still loads your distribution including the cheat, but wrong tracks) you can verify the game has the correct track. Just like CTGP verifies its files. -- Leseratte (talk) 20:33, 8 June 2017 (UTC)
- On the whole, you agree with the plan. I haven't seen any vote against the shift to Wiimmfi.
- New + special features can be discussed later after the implementation of the basics (don't expect them before 2018).
- About: vs/vx: I don't see any demand to alow more combinations. "vs" allows to meet friends in other regions, "vx" forbid it (I know a bug,; so it's nor perfect yet).