I think Haunted Woods was made with Paint + the Pinch Tool but we need to ask Worldboss i think^^. Btw i dont think that the 6th generation will use 100% custom objects because GCN SL will use 100% custom objects and it in the 4G :P
Tock 2 May 2011
- Haunted Woods was made in 3dsmax. I saw a picture of it there somewhere, I think. Also, how will you use 100% custom objects in GCN SL? You'd need ASM hacks and dol and rel edits to change an object's code. If you're going to change just the model of the object then it's not 100% custom. It's 50% custom, like the tables in GCN DC that are actually trick ramp bulldozers.
- Igorseabra4 17:37, 2 May 2011 (CEST)
- It's "impossible" to add more objects to the rel because you need to edit it every time a new CT with custom objects will be added. I think the CTCler should only edit the files in the course.szs
- Tock 18:27, 2 May 2011 (CEST)
- That's true and it's the reason that there aren't 100% custom objects in your GCN SL.
- Igorseabra4 18:44, 2 May 2011 (CEST)
I changed definitions of generations so it's more in line with track quality. -- Vulcanus2 20:40, 15 May 2011 (CEST)
- And Igorseabra4 changes it back :P, well don't look at generation, look at QR (I'll remove the generation out of the rating as this way it's pointless, 3G tracks can be way better than 4G).
I've been thinking of a way to rate quality of a track, because track generation is just technical. I'm thinking of something like this, but I need to work it out better.
short names: QR = Quality Rating D = detail level B = Bugs / Glitches level d = difficulty and maybe there are coming some more. formula: QR = 10(D - d - B + 20) D = D0+D1+D2+D3+D4+D5+D6+D7+D8 D0 = 2-5 if the road has a smooth layout (curved road: 3, curved hills: 3, both: 6, if not very much used it can give a point lower) D1 = 5 if shadows used D2 = 3 if flowers/little plants are used (min. 5), if it doesn't fit in the theme also 2 pt. even if it's not used. D3 = 2 if arrows are used, can be as object or on the road. D4 = 3 if animated textures are used, for everything that should be animated (including clouds) D5 = 1 if there is advertising about other CT's, the creator, mario stuff, etc. D6 = 3 if the track is completely 3D, and if it's a rainbow road theme it'll always get the points D7 = 1/3 if UV mapping is used, basic: 1, smooth: 3 D8 = 0-5, rating of the track by at least 10 poeple. (decimals in votes not allowed, in results allowed) (D0 is now instead of generations) d = |([difficulty on a scale of 0 to 4)-2|*2 B: Each of the following things add a given value to the level Slow-mo-bug = 3 Road kcl glitch = 5 Offroad kcl glitch = 1 Trick kcl glitch = (1 if on side, 3 if normal jumps) Wall kcl glitch = (0 if you only encounter it with another glitch, 1 if it doesn't appear much, 3 if it appears pretty much or create a big shortcut) kmp glitch (includes all objects) = for each different kind of glitch: 1 camera glitch = (if camera's not set: 2, if camera's set really good 0, choose a value between it) If the result is over 15, the level is 16. Minimum is 0 now: 10(0 - 4 - 16 + 20) = 0 The maximum is now 500: 10(30 - 0 - 0 + 20) = 500 To compare: SKL and BCwii (D8 = 4 for both): SKL: 10(8 - 2 - 6 + 20) = 200 BCwii: 10(29 - 2? - 3 + 20) = 440 So you can say: Nintendo quality is 400-480.
--Vulcanus2 23:13, 17 May 2011 (CEST)
- Good idea but the difficulty is not very good. And it doesn't matter as long it's not too easy or too hard
- What about 5 is the good difficulty and everything else is just 5 - d or 5 + d
- kHacker35000vr 07:43, 18 May 2011 (CEST)
- I hope you had maths, I put the formula between | 's, that means the result is always a positive number. I think 2/5 or 4/10 is the difficulty a track should have, that's comparable with rDS, RR has a difficulty of 6/10, and LC 2/10. But I want to use a smaller scale for difficulty 'cause some say it's more difficult than others, so a scale of 5 is good I think.
- So the formula says this: (difficulty -2)*balancing value, make positive if it's not.
- Vulcanus2 10:31, 18 May 2011 (CEST)
- I finished it, please comment about this way of rating. And for me is the challenge to get into the Nintendo quality.
- Vulcanus2 23:38, 20 May 2011 (CEST)
- I put out the generation and re-balanced it, and a max of 500 is also better. This can become an attribute in the normal track info tables.
- Vulcanus2 13:00, 28 May 2011 (CEST)
- The Generation thing doesnt tell you what quality the Tracks can be but it shows what was the "limit" of one Track. If Igorseabra4 doesnt stop spamming this Page i need to ban him for more than one day. Btw your QR is a little bit hard to understand :P
- Tock 17:29, 28 May 2011 (CEST)
- for QR, the track gets points for each "D" it has, minus the difference with "perfect" difficulty, minus bugs/glitches. I think that gives a good idea about how good the track is, and the vote part is for rating design etc.
- Vulcanus2 11:56, 29 May 2011 (CEST)