Talk:Creating a KCL with Wiimms Tools
I think this tutorial should be renamed to KCL Tutorial (Wiimms Tools) or similar. The Solidity tutorial is the general "KCL Tutorial" and the term "KCL Tutorial" should redirect to that page. While this article is well made, it's quite technical (suitable for advanced track makers, not newbies) and specific to Wiimms Tools. General (non-technical) information from this article should also be added to the Solidity article. --07:14, 29 July 2012 (UTC)
- Good idea. I plan to rewrite it. because the usage has changed a little bit.
- Wiimm 09:30, 29 July 2012 (UTC)
I need some help
- Meh. I'll just try using the SZS Modifier, then clean it up with your tools.
- --Emergamer02 (talk) 15:51, 5 February 2014 (UTC)
Some Help Needed
Forgive me for asking a dumb question, I am using Wiimms tool manager (the one with the GUI) because the SZS modifier method doesn't work. I am having trouble creating a flag file. I know which flags to use, (like a road (0x00) with a value of 4) but I don't know how to actually write it in the editor. I have asked many times in different places on this site, but the replies (if any) aren't helpful and don't make sense. When I ask to clarify, I just get ignored and nobody replies. I spent almost a year hoping that someone would help me, as I'm just trying to learn the ropes on something new that I haven't done before. --Littlelum (talk) 20:07, 10 March 2018 (UTC)
- Never used the GUI. "wkclt CFF course.obj" will create a template for further edits. -- Wiimm (talk) 21:58, 10 March 2018 (UTC)
What's a good method for fixing KCL bugs such as semi-barrel rolling (the camera stays intact, but I still end up barrel rolling)? I've tried many things, but nothing seems to work. --KantoEpic (talk) 05:29, 15 August 2018 (UTC)
- Barrel rolling is usually the result of face down roads, and rarely of broken KCL faces. Fix both with one of these commands:
- wszst patch TRACK.szs --kcl new,drop,rm-facedown -od NEWTRACK.szs
- wkclt encode cource.kcl --kcl new,drop,rm-facedown -od newcourse.kcl
- (See https://szs.wiimm.de/opt/kcl for a keyword description)
- Be careful with rm-facedown, because it removes the roof of pipes too(but not the wall, because of 30° limit. Anyway, best is to remove facedown roads in the model.
- -- Wiimm (talk) 07:58, 15 August 2018 (UTC)