Talk:Cool Castle Canyon
v2 of Wexos
Wexos released a v2 of the track. I think it is a revenge for Snikis edits of Wexos tracks in the past, but a very bad one.
- Wexos changes many (or all) textures to really bad and irritating textures. They maybe mad for people with epileptics — but this is discussable. Anyway, the track is not really playable because of the irritating textures.
- He edited many (or all) sub files and removed the magic (replaced it by zeros). He did it either manually or by a self written tool. Anyway, the only reason for this work can be to bother/blend others. If you want to verify it, make a hex diff of itembox.brres. for example.
- He claimed v2.0, not v1.1 or v1.0.alt, even if he knows that this is not acceptable (it is clearly not an update).
- I know about the quarrel between Sniki and Wexos (I was involved).
Because of the points above, I'm really sure that it is only a revenge and not really a productive work. Anyway, the track file is technically invalid, even if it works on Dolphin and Wii.
If he releases a technical valid SZS, it is accepted by this Wiiki and Sniki may classify the track and change the version number (usual way here for foreign updates).
- It is really playable at Dolphin. it seems, that the software ignores the magic. I already known it for some file types. And now I saw: All textures are identical and contains the text "stealing is not good". This is an incrimination of Sniki and not acceptable. So the track is not welcome at this Wiiki and disqualifies Wexos in my eyes -- Wiimm (talk) 12:12, 30 December 2018 (UTC)
- Plus, there is a difference between making updates of tracks in order to improve them (what Sniki did) and making updates of tracks in order to ruin them and to insult the original authors. The first one is allowed, even if some people might not like it, the second isn't ... Leseratte (talk) 13:05, 30 December 2018 (UTC)
- I just saw what it looked like and now I understand but I think the ban from the wiki was a step up from what I would do. Once again, I don’t hate you guys. 15:30, 30 December 2018 (UTC)
- Wexos should have contacted me via any kind of media but he never did I had to ask him today what is wrong and he said that he disliked the 3DS Maka Wuhu update I made. Everyone is allowed to update tracks and I would be happy if someone makes real updates for any of my tracks. Sniki (talk) 21:35, 30 December 2018 (UTC)
-- Sniki. In my eyes you make a wonderful job. I like all your tracks and Wiimm too. Every track is on MKW Fun. That says 100% you can make tracks. ( Egal was ander denken oder Wexos denkt )--Snake (talk) 20:30, 31 December 2018 (UTC)
Why (technically) invalid
I was asked, while I call it invalid. The track runs at Dolphin and Wii, but many things were edited to avoid analysing and extracting the SZS file:
- File and subfiles usually use a magic to identify the file type. Wexos rpelaced all magics by value null. The track still works, but tools have issues to detect and extract the subfiles.
- KMP header declares file size as 1167733778 bytes, but it has only 12668 bytes.
- The KMP section order is reversed.
- KCL sections rotated.
- Maybe more ... (didn't done a full analysis)
The combination of all can't be done by accident. So it is done to disguise the content of the file. Tools including my SZS tools have problems to work with it. That's the reason I call it INVALID. And this status have nothing to do with the content.