Nice job with the update! When will the next one (that actually includes something not already easy to do) come? I hope it has a BRRES model editor... =D
Igorseabra4 01:32, 15 April 2011 (CEST)
- I'm hoping for a BRRES model viewer in the next CTools Pack release. Hope you can do it successfully, Chadderz.
- ALPHAMARIOX 18:04, 14 April 2011 (CMT)
- SZS Modifier already has a BRRES model viewer, and it does it's job if you ask me. But nowadays the model importing demand is much bigger and SZS Modifier can't handle the models. And in the page it's saying the the CTools BRRES viewer and model importer have been released, but I don't see then.
- Igorseabra4 02:19, 15 April 2011 (CEST)
- My 3D viewer is not working, it's not that I need it now but it now
- But it can be usefull later when needed.
- kHacker35000vr 07:48, 15 April 2011 (CEST)
- Yes I'm aware some people are having trouble with the viewer, I'm looking into it. It doesn't affect your ability to import models though.
- Chadderz 12:19, 15 April 2011 (CEST)
- My 3D viewer also isn't working and it DOES affect my ability to import OBJs. I've tried objs from different sources (3DSMax, Sketchup, Blender) and all give that "arthimetic calcullation overflow" or something like that, that I see all the time in these apps
- igorseabra4 17:24, 15 April 2011 (CEST)
I've some suggestions for the CTools pack, maybe you like it:
- Add external tools to the library (you can open files inside szs with any external tool, not only the tool where you open the files with normally, this way you don't have to export)
- BRRES tool: ability to import a raw file (only if brres supports it), this way you can put in effects.
- BRRES tool: Don't auto-apply textures to polygons, make the ability to assign yourself (is maybe a hard job, but I think this can be nice, this way we can may add shadows and stuff, and animated polygons sometimes need more than 1 texture.
- (not really important but I'd like it) A more advanced hex editor, that is able to copy/paste bytes. (of course my first suggestion can solve it too as you can assign your own hex editor to it)
--Vulcanus2 16:30, 21 April 2011 (CEST)
I have a suggestion too.
The ability to automatically generate a map_model.brres based off polygons from course_model.brres. Select which polygons you want to appear in the map and it'll create it.
--Guilmon35249vr 23:16, 25 September 2011 (CEST)
Hey when I tried downloading Ctools it said Windows has found a promblem with this file and can not download it. Does anyone know why that happens?? Do I need windows 7 to download Ctools??
--Unsigned comment by FunkyDude15 (talk).
Problems with SZS Explorer
When I try to open SZS Explorer, it doesn´t open, I keep clicking on it but it doesn´t open. Help! TodoNintendoS, 19:17, 11 August 2013 (UTC)
The value at 0x001C is incorrectly written as "00000010", when it should be "00000040". It should point to the start of the image data. --Sweetie Bot (Guil) 16:20, 21 April 2014 (UTC)
Well, I want to create a custom track...However, a long time ago I installed the CTools and SZS Modifier from my SD card. I messed up big time and lost that SD card, so now the program(s) won't open or uninstall, probably because the original msi file is in it...
- SZS Modifier is obsolete and not recommended anymore. Instead, you can use Wiimms SZS Tools to do things like making a KCL and centering a minimap, and KMP Cloud for editing the KMP. Putting that aside, you can just click on the link on the page and re-download CTools at the link. I wouldn't recommend downloading anything from your SD Card. Hope this helps. --FunkyDude15 (talk) 23:18, 11 March 2016 (UTC)
- I tried re-downloading CTools. When I open the setup, it can only do "repair" or "uninstall", when I do either of those it does an error. I tried looking in Regedit, found some of CTools files that are hooked on the SD card drive. I don't know if deleting the keys would work, or if it would mess up the computer. --BlueToad (talk) 01:08, 12 March 2016 (UTC)
- I believe I had a similar problem when I first wanted to make CTs, I just ended up deleting everything manually, then completely redownloading and installing. What you should maybe do is forget the SD Card alltogether (make sure to right click and eject it). To be honest though your whole problem is still a little unclear to me. --FunkyDude15 (talk) 05:35, 12 March 2016 (UTC)