Talk:CTGP Revolution/Translation/CTGP Revolution Channel
- 1 Dutch
- 2 Hola~
- 3 Select Language
- 4 Italian
- 5 Since Finnish gets added...
- 6 Missing parts
- 7 German correction
- 8 Against other Custom Track Distributions
- 9 Bad translations
- 10 Wiimmfi
- 11 What does that "SHA1" mean?
- 12 Why Do You Need A Translation For Mii Outfit C?
- 13 What are "Network Multiplayer Mode" and "Network Data Rate"?
Hi Torran, you probarly didn't see it already, but I updated the Dutch translation like 2 minutes ago. Could you use it here? Btw, I'm waitng for a respond of kHacker35000vr.
EDIT: It looks like it disappeared. I'm really sure it was there.
MrKoeikoei 21:22, 25 September 2012 (GMT)
August? Did you break time?! :O ~Szymbar15, 26.9.2012 16:23 CEST EDIT: Woops, I mean September.
MrKoeikoei 16:50, 26 September 2012 (GMT)
Polish translation is up and complete. I made it loose a bit, but every important information is inside. Just made it funnier. ;)
Notice where I placed "(karcie SD/napędzie USB)" or something like that. Notice that Karta SD doesn't sound nice in some cases, and that's why the form is different.
Have fun! ~Le me, Szymbar15, 26.9.2012 16:20 CEST
I think only the native names of each language should be listed here. This helps people find the right language when the menu is in something they don't understand. --Jefe 12:51, 27 September 2012 (UTC)
Or maybe a better solution is to list the translated name, followed by the native name in parenthesis. for example:
|Select language...||Kies een taal...||Choisissez la langue||Sprache auswählen...||Seleziona Lingua...||言語を選択してください||-||Seleccionar idioma...||Επιλέξτε γλώσσα...||Selecciona o idioma...||Wybierz język...|
|English||Engels (English)||Anglais (English)||Englisch (English)||Inglese (English)||英語 (English)||- (English)||Inglés (English)||Αγγλικά (English)||Inglês (English)||Angielski (English)|
--Jefe 12:58, 27 September 2012 (UTC)
I think you were right the first time, only native names makes much more sense -- WorldsBoss 13:13, 27 September 2012 (UTC)
Native name first, then translated name in parenthesis would work too. --Jefe 13:16, 27 September 2012 (UTC)
Just finished italian translation, hope u like it!
Since Finnish gets added...
I'll add new line to translation. Hope you have no problem with it.
-Me, 1/10/2012 17:02 CEST
I live in Germany.
""Kettenhund-Tal" ist ein Custom Track, der aus unbekannten Gründen Probleme hat, auf manchen TV-Bildschirmen richtig angezeigt zu werden. Die Textur-Korrektur zeigt alle Texturen in einer niedrigen Qualität richtig an. Diese Funktion auszuschalten, wird das Spiel dazu bringen, die Version mit der höheren Qualität zu laden. Es kann aber passieren, dass die Strecke nicht richtig auf deinem Bildschirm angezeigt wird. Du solltest probieren, ob es mit oder ohne dieser Option funktioniert."
This sounds best for me.
It's in this line:
""Chomp Valley" is a custom track that has problems displaying on certain TV screens for reasons unknown. The texture fix is a version of the track that displays correctly on all screens, but is lower quality. Turning the option off makes the game use the original more detailed file, however it may not display correctly on your TV. The real only way to tell whether you need the fix is to turn this option off, and then test it."
<TropicalDrop99 (talk) 18:20, 9 May 2013 (UTC)>
- It would be better to say "ob es ohne diese Einstellung funktioniert." because that should be tested. With the option enabled it will always work! You don't really have to ask for replacing translation, especially not when they're in yellow! Just go ahead and replace it!
- NiAlBlack (talk) 18:32, 9 May 2013 (UTC)
Against other Custom Track Distributions
"From now on, you will use this channel instead of Riivolution for launching/playing custom tracks."
I think this sentence is against other Custom Track Distributions because it says that you only can play custom tracks with the CTGP-R Channel, but this is completly wrong and in my eyes it looks like, that MrBean35000vr want to say there is only one Hack and this only works with the CTGP-R Channel and you can delete Riivolution Custom Track Distributions.
The author must it change to this:
"From now on, you will use this channel instead of Riivolution for launching/playing CTGP Revolution."
I hope you know what I mean --Horsti12™ THE Clouddealer (talk) 13:12, 29 December 2013 (UTC)
- That was a good point, but sadly it seems to have been overlooked (even as of now, with the CTGPR Channel being released already).
- English and all translations (except for French) are still using custom tracks instead of CTGP Revolution. » DimitriPilot3 (talk) 16:17, 14 January 2014 (UTC)
- About the german edits by Blockmann
- The edits are bad because of wrong capitals, wrong punctuation (missing commas) and sometimes bad translation.
- Wiimm (talk) 19:49, 6 January 2014 (UTC)
There is a text about Wiimmfi that says that you are unable to use your profile when you get error 60000 and you should create one. There is already a homebrew app (in beta testing) which grabs the needed data out of the savegame and uploads it to the server.
- Good to know. In fact, I may implement that behavior into the CTGP-R Channel itself at some point, too. MrBean35000vr (talk) 13:14, 15 May 2014 (UTC)
- The homebrew app is now released: http://forum.wii-homebrew.com/board42-kreativitaet/board329-mkw-server-project-english/p591706-friend-code-web-formula/#post591706
- You can adapt your texts to say that the user should start this app, or you ask Maschell for the source and implement it yourself.
- Leseratte (talk) 15:46, 15 May 2014 (UTC)
What does that "SHA1" mean?
- Probably can't be translated. SHA1 is a style of hashing (basically can test a file for legitimacy/uniquely identify it/etc.), so I don't there'd be any problems with leaving it as "SHA1". - MrBean35000vr (talk) 20:16, 15 January 2016 (UTC)
- Ah, I understand now. I don't have any problem at all! I'll just continue translating the CTGP-R channel! Sarantis (talk) 20:28, 15 January 2016 (UTC) EDIT: What are Rapidfire and Slowdown suposed to mean?
Why Do You Need A Translation For Mii Outfit C?
I mean, there is really no point is there. Unless.... :P
Anyways, im just curious as to why you need it.
What are "Network Multiplayer Mode" and "Network Data Rate"?
- Both of these are settings in the CTGP-R Channel. Network Multiplayer Mode = How the game's networking should work. We're introducing a LAN multiplayer mode, so this is how you toggle it. The choices are LAN and Wiimmfi, if that helps. Network Data Rate = How much data is sent over the network when racing against opponents. Choices are Normal and High. - MrBean35000vr (talk) 17:22, 27 April 2018 (UTC)