From Custom Mario Kart
Autumn Leavesway II
Comparing the minimaps, I find out, that v2 has complete other characteristics. So I think, it would be better, to call the new track »Autumn Leavesway II« and brand it as successor of »Autumn Leavesway« (without II).
- I would prefer if it would be considered an update still. Like Forsaken Mansion, Icecream Sweetland, and Aquadrom Stage, they also got big course makeovers, but didn't get a new name or split page. Mostly, the beginning section is the same, but the bridge section is now the treehouse section. But if it would be counted as a new track by most of the people, I already know a new name for it and I would also rename the old track, because of the grammar mistake. I don't know if that's possible or if the community would like that, because the name Autumn Leavesway has become iconic now. I want to gather more opinions from the other players whether I should do that or not. --Buschkling (talk) 06:23, 17 February 2018 (UTC)
- Maybe the other tracks are wrong!
- Let's look from the position of a person, who doesn't know details about a track. He usually load the last version. And so he have never a chance to get a complete other track with the same name. Autumn Leavesway is of this kind, and for example Volcanic Skyway too.
- You wrote as part of the history: Remake from scratch and complete new course layout. It declares clearly, that v2 is a new track based on another one. The only common is the name. And this is misleading. And the Wiiki policy is and was always, that every track gets an own page.
- -- Wiimm (talk) 10:19, 17 February 2018 (UTC)
- My way of thinking when I made it was "I want a better Autumn Leavesway", and not "I want to make a new track with the same theme". I will rename it to "Neo Autumn Leavesway" but only if it's really needed. I would prefer to keep both on the same page, though, like Spike Desert or Underground Sky, they are similar to the case (or are they also wrong in your opinion?). If I'm not allowed to have Autumn Leavesway's better version on the same Wiki Page, we can make one called "Neo Autumn Leavesway".--Buschkling (talk) 14:01, 18 February 2018 (UTC)
Bug in Autumn Leavesway II
- This bug is in v2 too. But if cleaning the the KCL with my newest tools, the bug is gone. Some other KCL glitches are gone too, but not all. Maybe larger values for --tri-area will work better. -- Wiimm (talk) 21:57, 18 April 2018 (UTC)
- I know of the wiggler problem, but I don't think it is because of too many objects. This problem happened in v2.0-beta1 too. The Wiggler's body only starts to deform after ~1:20 race time. And at the start he is normal. And other small custom tracks have the same Wiggler problem (Rocky Cliff). I did some tests with the wiggler: Remove all objects before releasing the update: it still happened. Then I had the original Maple Treeway, of Nintendo, and scaled it down with Wiimms SZS Tools. The Wiggler then had the same occurence. And we all know, that the original Maple Treeway is not too big, has not too many objects or exhausts the wii memory. I asumme a problem with the routes. But I couldn't fix it, yet.--Buschkling (talk) 21:42, 15 April 2018 (UTC)