Talk:3DS DK Jungle
Supported languages must use the official name!
I don't know who changed the changes I did but DK Jungle in European French is "Forêt tropicale DK". Plus it DOES support French in the PAL version so I think we should use the official names only! Also, the "de" doesn't appear in any of the Spanish versions of that track! Check here: http://www.mariowiki.com/DK_Jungle_(Mario_Kart) I will also change the names on Rosalina's Ice World so that they match the name they have IN THE GAME. Sarantis (talk) 09:15, 8 September 2015 (UTC)
- I've already discussed this with Superstarxalien169; translations should be as close to MKW Translations as possible, including capitalization, character names and regional grammar differences. DK Jungle may not have "de" in its NTSC Spanish translation in MK7/8, but has it in Mario Super Sluggers, which was released before MKW. Shy Guy shouldn't be translated in NTSC French, because even though it is in MK7/8, it's not in MKW. See Tracks & Arenas.
- --maczkopeti (talk) 12:39, 8 September 2015 (UTC)
- Mario Super Sluggers is NOT a Mario Kart game. Their ORIGINAL names should be exactly as they are in the game they first appeared! DK Jungle in Mario Super Sluggers is a stadium, while in Mario Kart 7 it's a race track! In its translation, we should use the MK7 name because it's on the "List of Retro Tracks from Mario Kart 7"! And did the American French version of Mario Super Sluggers use Shy Guy's English name instead of its own unique name (Maskache)? Sarantis (talk) 12:47, 8 September 2015 (UTC)
- Look, I'm trying to tell you that only official names are allowed. I mean, the creator of this track didn't make DK Jungle from Mario Super Sluggers! He made DK Jungle from MK7! All tracks, including DK Jungle and Shy Guy Falls, must use the names from the seperate game they where originally! For example: Shy Guy Falls must use the MK8 name because the page shows up its appearance from MK8! Heck, even Super Mario Wiki does this! Sarantis (talk) 13:20, 8 September 2015 (UTC)
- EDIT: Also, Thwomp's name was always "Ka-Bang" for the NTSC French version.
- Once again, the game is irrelevant here; what really matters is the date. We should use official names, but where needed, they should be edited to stay as close as possible to the names in MKW. Thwomp is not translated in MKW; once again, see Tracks & Arenas.
- Well, at least ONLY the CTGP-R names! Their original names should remain as they appear in their original game, since they won't be used in CTGP-R due to copyright issues!
- Sarantis (talk) 14:50, 8 September 2015 (UTC)
- (And yep, I was wrong about an enemy's name again. WHEN they named Shy Guy and Thwomp to "Maskache" and "Ka-Bang" respectively in the NTSC French version, I don't care and I don't know. And also it really bugs me.)