MKWii Network Protocol/QUIT
This pages is related to MKWii Network Protocol and describes the record type QUIT.
Every time a client (1 or 2 users of a Wii) leaves a room or race, it sends to all other active clients the QUIT message. A QUIT message is a simple 3 bytes long packet: fe fe 68
- Notes after some observations
- QUIT is used, if you leave a room or between global races.
- If switching the Wii off by using the Wiimote, QUIT messages are also send.
- After sending QUIT to all other clients, MKW waits a little bit. If more packets arrive, that a new QUIT message is send for each arrived packet.
- A QUIT message is also send as acknowledge for a received QUIT. So, it does not mean "I quit the race", but "I close the connection to you".
HEADER — ROOM — SELECT — USER
RACEHEADER_1 — RACEHEADER_2 — RACEDATA — ITEM — EVENT
NATNEG — ANNOUNCE — QUIT — STATUS — PARAM-STRING
Nintendos Servers — Friend Code & Player ID — User Nick — Dumping Network Traffic
Online Status — Connection Status — Wiimmfi packets — Server SV