|Type:||ISO Patcher & Riivolution|
|Date of Latest Version:||2018-12-08|
Hover Pack is a custom battle arena distribution by MrTamkis, containing all 4 mazes from the 1995 version of Microsoft Hover! plus a bonus track (Arena Rumble from Monster Truck Madness 2). This pack contains various assets to make Mario Kart Wii more Hover and Windows 95 themed.
This pack includes:
- The aforementioned custom battle arenas
- Hover Item Pack for new items
- Custom BRSTM music
- New title screen music
- New music for the tracks
- New race/battle music
- Updated BRSAR
- New sound effects
- New big mushroom, invincibility, and hurry up jingles
- Patched song length entries for the new music
- New THP videos
- New title videos
- Updated battle cup selection video, and Retro Battle cup video
- Updated game graphics
- Icons for the new items, itembox frame
- Title screen art
- Icons for red/blue team, race, and coin battle modes
- Retro Battle Cup icon (Windows 95 cup)
- Track banners for the Channel (for the new battle courses)
- Game timer digits
- Bootstrap images
- Updated game text
- Track names
- Retro battle cup name ("Windows 95" battle cup)
- "Coin Runners" battle mode renamed to "Flag Grabbers"
Due to the fact that this is a custom battle arena distribution, it is recommended to use the My Stuff folder from OptPack if using Riivolution, since most other distributions will not allow usage of battle arenas. (The user should set "The Pack" setting to disabled, and "My Stuff" setting to enabled in Riivolution).
Unfortunately, Riivolution struggles to playback THP videos correctly through My Stuff (SD card access is slower than DVD access, especially for streaming of audio and video, and so stuttering happens). This pack also includes a patched Award.szs file, a file which is known to crash with Riivolution. For those who wish to have better THP playback and to have the proper Award.szs file patched, this pack includes a simple ISO Patcher. The next version of Hover Pack (v1.0) will have the THP videos re-encoded with a better balance between JPG compression and visual quality, for better THP video streaming.
Other bugs in the pack include the coin icon shown in the "Coin Runners" (now "Flag Grabbers") menu still showing a coin, not a green flag (despite the proper files being replaced), and some of the new itembox item models not displaying their new shadows. This will also be fixed in the next update.
|Chain Chomp Wheel||—||Nintendo|
|Version||Date of release||Information|