- Some pages will point to WexosMk, see Special:WhatLinksHere/WexosMk
- -- Wiimm (talk) 21:43, 26 July 2015 (UTC)
How do you become a moderator
- You can't just become a moderator by asking. Moderators are recruited when needed, and even then, you have to make good edits that follow the wiki standards, which you failed to do recently. Exactly why do you want to become a moderator? You can edit most of the pages without being one.
- --maczkopeti (talk) 00:26, 1 August 2015 (UTC)
- Well I may quit the wiki if know one will need help or understand. Jax53000VR (talk) 02:59, 1 August 2015 (UTC)
I discussed it with Tock. Moderators have not only the right for special edits, the have also an obligation to patrol other edits to detect illegal infos and SPAM. In the last months, only Maczkopeti and I patrol and do other moderator activities. And no other moderator answered the patrol question. And so we degraded moderators to a new group "auto patrol".
It is possible to revert it. And yes we need some more moderators or people, that at least patrol the edits.
btw: Thanx to Maczkopeti who is the most active moderator and does a very good job!
- Well, just now I checked in and was going to delete a bad page, and I was unable.
- Regarding removing moderator privileges from inactive members, I disagree with how it was done, and how it was worded. As with all modding communities, some people move on. College, career, family, illnesses or just developing new interests - these are all very valid, very real things that cause people to become inactive. Does that make someone "lazy?" No. This isn't a paid job, it's a volunteer effort. As such, the many hours of contributions from these users should be recognized, not trivialized.
- I propose that instead of placing formerly active moderators into an "auto-patrol" group, they be moved to a "Legacy Moderator" group, with most, if not all the same privileges as before. These users will not be checking in daily to patrol, they've "paid their dues" so to speak. But they will be able to contribute when they do visit the wiki.
- I agree that we could use some new blood to help with patrols. I don't have any suggestions for candidates, but taking patrol and deletion privileges from founding members certainly doesn't help lighten the load for the active moderator team. --Jefe (talk) 01:25, 29 November 2015 (UTC)
- I agree with Jefe that it was not such a good idea and how it was done. I would absolutely want to stay a moderator, I visit this wiki daily. I liked to do moderator things, I always correctied page names, deleted unneccesary things and fixed page redirections, banned spammers, etc, etc... Just with the patrolling I was a bit slow. Mostly it was done when I checked. I don't want to be called lazy because of this, but last year I was gone for a long time because of family and personal things. Is this change temporary or permanent? It's a bad idea to only have one moderator for this big site, so I think active and inactive moderators should be sorted out and the active ones should stay like Jefe, Torran for example. Also, please, make me a moderator again, I am active and I will stay active.--Buschkling (talk) 04:48, 29 November 2015 (UTC)
- The reason my offensive was also to force a reaction or opposition of the moderators or to find dead moderators. And 2 of you contradict my changes — I will revert it for you.
- About the how: I asked 2 months ago without reaction. I watched frequently the patrol logs and can't find any activities. So my way was the most effective way and only some hours later you reacted.
- However, moderation is not only the right for more possibilities, its also an obligation to watch the wiki. And one thing is patrolling edits. And also, if you visit the wiki rarely, please patrol other edits. It eats only a little bit of time, but not only 2 people (Maczkopeti 70%, I 30%) should do it.
- -- Wiimm (talk) 11:18, 29 November 2015 (UTC)
2016-07-31 : Administration change
Since 2016-07-31, maczkopeti is the new administrator of this Wiiki. The reason is, that working with my SZS tools and especially with Wiimmfi claims too much time. So I will withdraw from the Wiki moderation and especially not longer review all edits. I will continue the technical moderation and also verify technical articles.
The first step of maczkopeti shall be to find new moderators.
@maczkopeti: Do good job and be a fair judge!