Use this template when creating a new Distribution page. This helps give Distribution pages a uniform and professional look.
Please read the Wiiki Rules before you get started.
IMPORTANT TIPS: There aren't many popular Custom Tracks Distributions. The main two are CTGP Revolution and Wiimms Mario Kart. What this means is that you're wasting your time creating a new distribution if your distribution DOES NOT contain mostly new tracks or unique features; even then, the typical Custom Track player will just wait for the next CTGP update. Few people actually download most track distributions, and even if your distribution were to somehow become popular, it would have the side effect of fragmenting the community, making it harder to find players in Custom Track Worldwides. Distributions of Texture Hacks and Custom Characters are more popular since they can usually be used online for normal Mario Kart Wii tracks and are typically compatible with CTGP.
Create a Distribution Page
- First enter the name of the new Distribution into the search field and click »Go«.
- At the top of the page there will be a sentence like: Create the page "Distribution Name" on this wiki! Click on the link.
Copy the following text and paste it into the text box:
... and »SAVE« the page.
- Press »Edit« and edit the content of the page. Use the »SHOW PREVIEW« button as you edit. You can continue to »PREVIEW« until you get it right. Every »SAVE« is saved permanently and must be checked by wiki moderators. Do not »SAVE« the page until you are completely sure the page is the way you want it. It is against the Wiiki Rules to save any page more than 2 times in a 15 minute period.
- Look for comments between <!-- and --> tags when you're editing your page. The comments will tell you how to set up the page. You can delete the comments when you're done with them.
- Add your User link at the bottom of the page.
- Add the new distribution to the Custom Track Distribution list or the Texture Hack Distribution list.
- If the Distribution is ready to be beta-tested or released, add the new distribution to News.