Heart of China
|Editors used:||BrawlBox, CTools, KMP Cloud, MS Paint, Photoshop CS3, Sketchup, SZS Modifier, Wiimms SZS Tools|
|Download:||wingcapman.tumblr.com (Beta v1.5.3b)|
Heart of China is Wingcapman's first custom track. It wasn't originally designed as a race course, so it's quite similar to ports of other non-race course levels in that it does not have a clearly defined track. Heart of China is based on a story written by Wingcapman. Normally there is not a race path for this area, but he decided to make a Mario Kart Wii race-compatible track of it anyway.
Some interesting facts about this track:
- The laps will take around 45 to 52 seconds on 150cc (average time). This track is 3 laps long, so it does not feel too short and not too long.
- Some "special" item boxes can't be spammed because they either respawn later or are hard to get.
- This custom track can be played backwards. The laps won't count that way (yet), but this might be an idea for a future release some day.
- It's technical Battle-compatible, but the enemy routes are set for racing and not for battle.
Please read the notes on this page before you are going to download it, this track has some bugs you have to know about. The official Heart of China page is here. Any fair critique and suggestions about improving this track are welcome.
Progress of the upcoming update:
- Different roof design and bridge, plus an extra path.
- A closer look to the bridge and to the road's texture.
- Changed and added some small details to different objects in this track, like this gate for example.
- The progress as of March 12, 2015
- The progress as of April 30th, 2015
- New springboard model.
- Progress as of May 30, 2016 Created a new kind of thing for the vision. The mountain-concept of the whole location will be no more, but instead it's a never-ending ground/grass area (or snow in this case).
- Progress as of May 31, 2016 Quality-check. Looks like the amount of faces is twice as less than v1.5.3b, this fixed the slow-down in 2Player mode, and let's try keeping it that way!
- Progress as of June 5, 2016 Improved the CPU route. Comparing with version 1.5.3b, the CPU players are not that slow anymore. The reason why their difficulty is improved because the track's layout is being "nerfed".
- Progress goes really slow for this track. There are a lot of problems going on with this model, so give the author the time to fix all those. Any help is welcome.
- The author slowly works on updates, if you have found some flaws somewhere in the whole track's design, feel free to report.
- BUG! If you are behind the big yellow building, you can drive on the slope and trick off it. However, if you use a Mushroom there, you might be able to jump over the off-boundaries, to jump off the stage. Most of the time, you will get respawned at the end of the big red building. The lap won't count.
- BUG! There might be a chance that the game has slowdown issues when there are two players using a Mega Mushroom and two other players using a Star.
- BUG! The track has some really bad slowdowns when you are playing with split screen (2 players) with CPUs enabled!
- BUG! If you are finished, and if your character is stuck against the wall from the left side of the finish line, there might be a chance that the game will crash if your character bumps too far behind the finish line. This is caused by an incorrect respawn pointer.
- There's no opening pan camera for this track. Don't worry, the game won't freeze when loading it in VS mode.
- The track itself is hard to drive on. Its nearly impossible to drive a lap without any accident. Practice before you are going to really play with/against people, because you need it. Keep in mind that this track is more an artwork than an actual race track. (Once it will get update to v1.6, the road will be easier and friendlier to drive on.)
- Coin Runners is more of a challenge mode. There is just one little spot to get all the coins. You will get rewarded with 5 coins instead of 1. But where is it? Only you may find it out! (This concept will be changed in the v1.6 series!)
|Version||Date of release||Information|
|Beta v1.1||2012-12-28||First public release|
|Beta v1.5.3||2013-08-12||This version was never announced and the author will not release the track to the public, but you can find it in Cam, Tom and Troy's CTGP Pack. After downloading and unpacking the distribution, look for the file boardcross_course.szs.|
|Beta v1.6.1||2016-04-12?||Contains a fixed checkpoint at the end of the lap (normally respawning there causes the game to freeze), better textures, fixing the slowdown bug on split screen, adding an Easter Egg hunting tour, fully compatible Battle mode (Mario Kart 8-like Battle mode start positions) including better coin locations, and probably more!|
Custom Track Distributions
This track is part of the following Custom Track Distributions:
- Cam, Tom and Troy's CTGP Pack v1.2 (v1.5.3)
- CTGP Revolution v1.03 (v1.5.3b)
- Luma's CT Pack (v1.5.3b)
- Pro CT Pack (v1.5.3)
- Best of the Worst (Beta v1.6.1)
- Mario Kart Madness (Unreleased winter version)
Names in Other Languages
|Dutch:||Hart van China|
|French:||Coeur de Chine|
|German:||Herz von China|
|Italian:||Cuore della Cina|
|Korean:||하트 오브 차이나|
|Portuguese:||Coração da China|
|Spanish:||Corazón de China|
|Greek:||Καρδιά της Κίνας|
|Swedish:||Hjärtat av Kina|
|Danish:||Hjertet af Kina|
Heart of China