GCN Waluigi Stadium
|Appearance(s):|| Mario Kart: Double Dash!!|
Mario Kart Wii
|Cup appearance(s):|| Flower Cup (GCN)|
Banana Cup (Wii)
GCN Waluigi Stadium is a course that appears in Mario Kart: Double Dash!! as Waluigi's main race course in the game. Undergoing very little change, it later in appears in Mario Kart Wii as a retro track.
Layout and Description
The course is placed in a large stadium containing dirt roads and various obstacles. From the starting line, a right turn leads to a series of bumps, with a large Jumbotron visible displaying the race from the first player's perspective at all times. The road takes a prompt 90° turn, leading into a boost panel located on top of a small hill. The connecting road takes a 180° turn to the north, followed by a small dip going into a chain-link ramp ending with a boost panel. The path takes a wide 90° turn into another 90° turn south. This turn leads to a long straight containing large-robotic piranha plants that attempt to block the racers' paths by slowly coming in and out of large wooden pipes. The straight ends with a 90° turn, revealing several dips along a small straight path, eventually leading into a sharp 180° turn west. Another sharp turn sends the racers south at a 90° angle, and into a large 180° turn north. A ramps straight ahead sends the racers in the air over small gap right above another section of the course, an upon landing the racers cross the finish line.
Differences in between versions
The course re-appears as a retro track later on in Mario Kart Wii. It appears to be mostly identical to original course, only receiving several gameplay changes:
- Half-Pipe ramps have been added to several areas.
- Several previously driveable sections in the course have been changed to off-road and are now covered in mud.
- Official website: “Waluigi Stadium is a high-flying, mud-filled course that feels more like a monster-truck rally than a race.”
GCN Waluigi Stadium shares it's musical theme with GCN Wario Colosseum.
It was composed by Asuka Ota and Ryo Nagamatsu.
- The tracks layout appears to have been based off of N64 Wario Stadium's.
- DS Wario Stadium appears to have been based closely off this track.
- Another Waluigi Stadium appears within Mario Kart GP 2, borrowing elements from both this course & GCN Dino Dino Jungle.