Short info about the track
- Development started: 2013-07-13
- Theme: Beach with a city and mall
- Idea by: SpyKid, Cracklink and MarLuc2304
- Release Date: 2014-01-29
- The first ideas of this track have been made. Cracklink and MarLuc2304 came up with the idea of this beach-themed track with a mall and a city.
- The model has been started.
- The textures for the track were selected.
- Some houses were added to the model.
- Textures have been improved.
- The first 3 turns of the model have been finished, with houses and details. The model has about 2200 faces at this point of time.
- Ermelber created the transition textures for road-sand, sand-grass and grass-sand.
- The model is about 20% finished.
- The main road's textures have been mapped.
- The work at the beach section was started.
- Major progress in the model. It's about 45% finished now.
- The beach section is almost finished
- The mall section was started.
- First test of the track in-game.
- Scale was tested.
- The model has ~3200 faces now. (there are benches in the model with a high face count)
- SpyKid created custom textures for signs.
- More hotels and houses were added to the model.
- There was another test of this track in-game with a different scale.
- Ermelber decided to help with this track, he will be creating the BRRES.
- After some cleaning up in the model, it has 2431 faces now. (the benches were also removed)
- More custom textures for signs have been made and added to the beach section.
- Progress on the city section was started.
- The model was tested in-game with the new progress.
- Beach section has been finished.
- Adding details to the city section.
- Model has 3510 faces now.
- Created more textures and mapped more textures in the model.
- A few secrets and more decoration were added to the model.
- The shop in the city section is almost finished.
- Cleaned up the model, reduced face count.
- Added much more decoration.
- Created more houses.
- Face count: 4003.
- The track model is finished, only adding more decoration and texture mapping is left.
- Course model almost finished.
- Track tested in-game.
- Started working on the KCL model.
- Testing current progress of the KCL in-game.
- Minimap created.
- More KMP progress was done (mostly putting objects).
- Work on the vertex colors was started.
- Finished KCL model for final KCL.
- CPU Routes almost finished.
- Finished CPU routes.
- Item routes have been created. (they still need fixing)
- Fixed the scale of some objects.
- KCL glitches that have been found are now fixed in the KCL model.
- Fixing objects and routes.
- Testing KMP.
- Intro cameras finished.
- After race cameras almost done.
- Respawns were created.
- Checkpoints are finished.
- The track was tested online to find glitches. A few more KCL glitches have been found. Item routes could be improved still.
- KCL model has been updated.
- KMP finished.
- KCL glitches are remaining. The cause of the KCL glitches is unknown.
- Ermelber almost finished the vertex colors.
- Ermelber fixed the vertex colors. They are finished now.
- One KCL glitch of four were fixed, but the cause of the others is still unknown. Wiimm is checking the KCL file.
- There was a glitch in the brres file, it has to be remade.
- The brres file is almost finished. (Only opacity and animations to be made).
- A new shortcut was added to the course.
- KMP was improved a little bit.
- The KCL has been fixed and is now finished.
- Boost panel animations are finished. (with help from Yoshidude4)
- Water and waterfall animation is completed.
- Opacity in the mall section was added successfully.
- Textures for the main road have been made brighter.
- BRRES is finished.
- The track is finished right now, but it will be tested and checked for glitches before release.
- A small respawn error has been fixed.
The track was released!
- Final face count: 4072
- Textures used: 61
- Edges in the model: 11425
- The progress from start of development until finishing the track (not counting online tests after it) took 199 days.
- This course was inspired by a real place, it is based on a town at the baltic sea in germany.
- The modelling took 128 days.
- MarLuc2304 and Cracklink, the people who had ideas for the track design.
- Ermelber, for creating the BRRES, doing vertex colors and supporting SpyKid.
- Troy, for bringing up more ideas for short cuts.
- Yoshidude4, for fixing the boost panel animation.
- The alpha/beta-testers:
- The online testers:
| Vertex colors
| Start position
| Item routes
| Enemy routes
| KCL model
| KCL fixes
| Final KCL
| Overall progress
| Testing/finding glitches
| Online tests