Difference between revisions of "Wiimms SZS Tools"
(Wiimms SZS Tools v2.11a released)
(Wiimms SZS Tools v2.11b released)
|Line 25:||Line 25:|
! Current Version:
! Current Version:
| v2., 2020-01-
|Line 93:||Line 93:|
szs v2.11a r8074 - 2020-01-18
szs v2.11a r8074 - 2020-01-18
Revision as of 18:28, 20 January 2020
|Operating Systems:|| Linux (i386,x86_64),|
|Software Type:||File manager, decoding and encoding toolset.|
|Compression Formats:||Yaz0, Yaz1, WBZ.|
|Archive Formats:||SZS, U8, WU8, PACK, RARC, BRRES, BREFF, BREFT.|
|File Formats:||BMG, BTI, KCL, KMG, KMP, MDL0, PAT0, TPL, TEX0, PNG, OBJ, StaticR.rel, main.dol, CT-CODE, LE-CODE, LEX, ObjFlow, GeoHit, ItemSlot, minigame.|
|Image formats:||I4, I8, IA4, IA8, RGB565, RGB5A3, RGBA32, C4, C8, C14X2, CMPR.|
|Current Version:||v2.11b, 2020-01-20|
Wiimms SZS Tools has a spelling error, you should see but as a brand name.
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Main Features
- 3 Last Features
- 4 History and Download
- 5 Tools Overview
- 6 Links
Wiimms SZS Tools is a set of different tools to manipulate SZS, U8, RARC, BRRES, BREFF and BREFT archives and BMG, BTI, KCL, KMP, MDL0, TPL, TEX0 and StaticR.rel files. All tools are command line tools and run without any interaction. The tools are available for Linux, Mac and Windows. The main goal is to run them in batch files and scripts to automate recurring jobs. At the moment there are 8 tools:
- wszst : Wiimms SZS Tool (handles SZS, U8, RARC, BRRES, BREFF and BREFT archives)
- wbmgt : Wiimms BMG Tool (convert and patch BMG files in binary and text format).
- wimgt : Wiimms Image Tool (convert and patch image files of Mario Kart Wii).
- wkclt : Wiimms KCL Tool (convert raw KCL files from/into obj format).
- wkmpt : Wiimms KMP Tool (handles raw and text KMP files, read text files like a compiler).
- wpatt : Wiimms PAT Tool (handles raw and text PAT0 files, read text files like a compiler).
- wstrt : Wiimms StaticR Tool (handles StaticR.rel and main.dol files of Mario Kart Wii).
- wctct : Wiimms CT-CODE Tool (handles CT(GP)-CODE to allow >32 tracks).
- wlect : Wiimms LE-CODE Tool (handles the LE-CODE extension by Leseratte)
One main goal is the fully automated track name replacement. The tools together can do this. Another goal is to extract all sub files recursively and transforming they into user friendly file formats (like text of png files) and support recreation of the original source files.
There is also a little How To.
- The tools are command line tools. This means, that there is no GUI support. The main advantage is, that you can place commands into scripts (batch files) for fully automated execution → More about command line.
- wszst is the main SZS tool. It has a fast Yaz0 compressor with the best compression rates.
- The wszst command CHECK can help you to find bugs in your track.
- The new wszst command SLOTS makes a track proposal for working and non working slots.
- The KCL tool wkclt can create KCL files from scratch (they become as small as possible) by reading an OBJ file. It can also export an existing KCL to an OBJ file with colors to make a KCL visible.
- The KMP tool wkmpt can decode and compile (yes, it's a real compiler with loops and other control structures) KMP files.
- While compiling, it can overide some parameters for debugging or optimization.
- The KMP compiler can use the KCL to find optimal vertical positions of objects and route points. This is good for visual debugging.
- The wkmpt command DRAW creates an OBJ file with KCL and add route positions and other objects of the KMP.
- The wszst command PATCH can transform whole tracks inkl. KCL, KMP, MODEL, MINIMAP and VRCORN. Transforming means any combinations of scaling, rotating and shifting with different factors for each axis.
- The wszst command MINIMAP can center the minimap automatically. You can use this command with SZS, U8, BRRES and MDL0 files.
- The image tool wimgt can convert images of all formats:
- It can convert the file formats TPL, TEX0, BTI, BREFT and PNG to any other.
- It can convert the Image Formats I4, I8, IA4, IA8, RGB565, RGB5A3, RGBA32, C4, C8, C14X2 and CMPR to any other.
- It supports the palette formats IA8, RGB565 and RGB5A3.
- It can automatically create mipmaps, or it can use user defined mipmaps and create only missed mipmaps automatically.
- It can patch images with other images.
As of v2.08a all 4 known BMG encodigs (CP1252, UTF-16, Shift-JIS and UTF-8) are supported. The attribute size has been increased from 16 to 36 bytes to support some more games.
LE-CODE is a new MKW extension and works like CT-CODE. To support it, the new tool wlect was created. The tool and the complete LE-CODE support is experimental. No documentation is available, support will be denied for the moment, and there currently is no way for normal end users to create a LE-CODE distribution.
As of v1.65a, the mipmap creation and the related options changed. Follow the links to SZS Docu for more details:
History and Download
Wiimm started the development of his SZS Tools in March 2011. The first goal was to automate the insertions of the track names for Wiimms Mario Kart Fun distributions. Therefore 2 tools have been needed: A SZS extractor and creator and a BMG manipulator. The 2 tools wszst and wbmgt were ready in April 2011. After this, Wiimm implemented an Image-Tool (wimgt), an StaticR.rel tool (wstrt), a KMP tool (wkmpt) and a KCL tool (wkclt). All tools are command line tools to support scripts and fully automated operations.
Latest Change Log
szs v2.11b r8079 - 2020-01-20 - XPF, hard coded conditions: New conditions added. Gaps in list removed. Order changed. These changes invalidate binary KMP files with hard coded conditions created by previous v2.11a. - Small text corrections in the new texts of the previous version. szs v2.11a r8074 - 2020-01-18 - wszst ANALYSE --sh --array: Output format fixed. - New keywords for option --filter-bmg: ALLCODE, ALLCUPS, ALLTRACKS, ALLARENAS and ALLREFS. - The optional parameter of option --le-code (LE-CODE phase) is deprecated and ignored. From now on, option --le-code always enables LE-CODE (phase 2) and CT-CODE support. - Deprecated and useless option --smart removed. - KMP/GOBJ, ID: Support of objects flags in bits 10-15 (0xfc00) for LE-CODE. - File course.lex: Support of new section TEST. It forces game modes like "Online, 12 players, itemrain" to test them in standard offline versus. - wlect CREATE: New keywords. Call the comamnd without keyword to get a list. - wszst+wlect: New options to create, modify or delete course.lex and/or LEX section TEST: --lt-clear, --lt-online, --lt-n-players and --lt-game-mode. So patching a track file to test special conditions becomes easy. - General support of 'extended presence flags'. - KMP/GOBJ: Detect definition-objects and references. - New commands for KMP/GOBJ for easier handling: $DEFOBJ-RACE and $DEFOBJ-BATTLE define a definition-objects. $REFERENCE defines a reference (ref_id and mode=1) for the previous defined object. - Hints and warnings about extended objects. - New command: wkmpt GAMEMODES: Analyze the presence flags combinations with and without extension support and print a list. - New command: wszst DUPLICATE: It reads a single track file and duplicates it several times. Therefor it analyzes the presence flags combinations with and without extension support and creates one file for each relevant scenario. A LEX section TEST will be inserted to force the execution mode for offline tests. - New option for commands wkmpt GAMEMODES and wszst DUPLICATE: --gamemodes=list: Select game modes for the list. - See http://wiki.tockdom.com/wiki/Extension_of_Presence_Flags for details about the new Extension of Presence Flags. - Scanning a KMP file now takes into account the new information about the length of the file header. szs v2.10a r8023 - 2019-11-23 - Command wszst TRACKS: More options. - Command wszst ANALYZE: More results. - wszst ANALYSE + Check KMP: Analysis of KTPT, ENPT and ITPT to find values outside range +-131071 where items can not be used online. - Text export of ItemSlot.bin: A comment column with row summaries added. - Cygwin (Windows) version: Updated color support again.
wszst (Wiimms SZS Tool)
wszst is a command driven tool to manipulate archives:
- Supported archive formats: SZS, U8, RARC, BRRES, BREFF and BREFT.
- It can extract all subfiles of any archive.
- While extracting some file formats can be decoded (converted to text or PNG files).
- It can create all (but not RARC archives) while readind and scanning a directory structure. Decoded files are encoded automatically.
wbmgt (Wiimms BMG Tool)
wkclt (Wiimms KCL Tool)
wkclt is a command driven tool to convert KCL files into/from binary KCL from/into Wavefront OBJ files.
→ Tool wkclt: Features, commands and options
→ General parser syntax and semantics
→ KCL export and import guide
wkmpt (Wiimms KMP Tool)
wkmpt is a command driven tool to convert KMP files into/from binary from/into text files. A special compiler is used to allow variables, expressions, if..then..else, loops, macros and user defined functions while reading a KMP text file.
→ Tool wkmpt: Features, commands and options
→ General parser syntax and semantics
→ KMP text syntax and semantics
→ KMP parser functions
→ How to edit KMP files
wimgt (Wiimms Image Tool)
wimgt is a command driven tool to convert and aptch graphic images:
- wimgt supports the file formats BREFT, BTI, TEX0, TPL and PNG as export and import type.
- wimgt supports the internal image formats I4, I8, IA4, IA8, RGB565, RGB5A3, RGBA32, C4, C8, C14X2 and CMPR (and also different PNG formats).
wstrt (Wiimms StaticR Tool)
- KMP & KCL Parser
Bash 'n' Dash 'n' Battle