Old talk is archived at User talk:Tock/Archive.Please continue talk here.
- 1 SMG2.5 Wiki
- 2 Block IP range
- 3 Email Confirmed Users
- 4 Site Links... Stinks?
- 5 Blocking Users
- 6 Track download links
- 7 Admin
- 8 etc
- 9 Deleting updates
- 10 About a user named "JasonFan"
- 11 DS Rainbow Road
- 12 Help needed...
- 13 Super Mario Kart Wii
- 14 I need you held, Tock :-D!
- 15 Name Change
- 16 Front page comment
- 17 GBA Battle Course 2
- 18 GCN Sherbet Land
- 19 Skype
- 20 Maczkopeti
- 21 Water + Lava Object
- 22 Mario Kart 7 Custom Tracks
- 23 How do you become a moderator
I apologize that the SMG2.5 Wiki has yet to be used properly. The SMG2.5 Leader Glem, has been ignoring me. He's only replied once, with "I'll join when it's ready...". The other Admin does not know what to do. Meanwhile, FunkyKong and HackSizer are doing random things there, and two spam bots have arrived. If you could promote me to Admin there so I can add extensions/ban users, add a Logo, and start building the Wiki. We have an older Wiki at some Place called Wikidot, and it follows the same Wiki code, so I can start by Importing pages from there first. It would help if I could build the Wiki by being an Admin, and again, I apologize for it not being used until now. -- SuperMario64DS, 17:09, 2 March 2012 (CET)
- The last few things we'll need done:
- The Logo. HackSizer Uploaded one to the Wiki, it says you need to replace "$WGLogo" with it.
- Whatever is needed to get Boxes working like how they do here... Like the Misc-Info box for Custom Tracks, we imported the Misc-Info Box from here, but it does not work, so obviously some extension is needed I guess. So I guess every extension this wiki has, so we can have voting and things like that.
- And lastly, either me or NWPlayer (Or even both) will need the power to promote members to other levels, because we will need to give certain existing staff certain ranks.
- After that, we really don't need anything else, unless something goes terribly wrong or something, or some other extension is needed. Again, thank-you for providing us with a wiki. -- SuperMario64DS, 04:15, 7 March 2012 (CET)
- We've purchased our own domain, and we plan to host a wiki from there so the names can match. Sorry if this has been of any inconvenience to you. If for any reason something will not work out right, we'll continue to use smg.tockdom.de. However, at the time it looks very likely that we will host our own web page, blog, and wiki. I'll let you know how it turns out. -- SuperMario64DS, 01:24, 9 March 2012 (CET)
Block IP range
You can block the complete range 18.104.22.168/21 (22.214.171.124 - 126.96.36.199) for new (automatic) accounts. The provider is HFCL INFOTEL LTD (Punjab, India).
Wiimm 14:56, 13 March 2012 (CET)
Email Confirmed Users
At one point wasn't it going to be a requirement? Wouldn't that cut down on the spam bots? --Jefe 01:34, 26 April 2012 (UTC)
"Email confirmed" "just" means that they can't post stuff.
Tock 11:26, 26 April 2012 (UTC)
Site Links... Stinks?
Hello, i have a suggestion for the site:
make the links not turn purple when you click 'em. that's my only problem with the site
u liek? --V1rtu4l Nucl34r B34st, DarKoder7X 20:18, 30 April 2012 (UTC)
- Change your browser settings, if you don't like it. -- Wiimm 20:55, 30 April 2012 (UTC)
- Erm, look what Wiimm did...
- PC Freak 10:21, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
- What did I? 10 edits in 121 minutes, 7.5 KB (average = 1 edit in 12 minutes with 750 new bytes per edit).
- So what will you say?
- Wiimm 10:40, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
- Wiimm did it right. He doesn't go over 2 edits in 15 minutes. And also, Trent Rez did again 3 edits in 15 minutes.--Funkykong975 15:31, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
Is it ok if i edit wiiki page more than twice? I only want to fix track download links.
- In my eyes this rule should force the usage of the preview to protect the moderators against to much work. If you have things to edit that can't be done before, it's ok. If unsure, just wait 15 minutes.
- Hanno 14:57, 1 July 2012 (UTC)
- Only 2 edits all 15 minutes per page are allowed.
- Tock 16:02, 1 July 2012 (UTC)
How can i become an admin? I want to be it 'cause i watch very much recent changes for who breaks the wiki rules.--Funkykong975 14:35, 22 June 2012 (UTC)
Being a moderator should be also good. --Funkykong975 05:28, 23 June 2012 (UTC)
- Before asking again to become moderator, you should fix your own pages like Baby Luigi's Park. btw, everyone can moderate pages without a special status. There are some people that does it already.
- Wiimm 07:12, 23 June 2012 (UTC)
- Who are the ones that are doing it already?
- --Funkykong975 05:34, 24 June 2012 (UTC)
- All moderators (before they become moderator) and also some other members.
- Wiimm 08:14, 24 June 2012 (UTC)
- When I see an error, I fix it and I never leave a incomplete page. I can do this without moderator rights. So why not argue with good edits.
- Hanno 12:05, 24 June 2012 (UTC)
- And what can i fix on the page?
- --Funkykong975 06:08, 25 June 2012 (UTC)
- I have done:
- First person to third person.
- hints for first edit removed
- empty sections removed
- incomplete user link removed
- The intro table is incomplete (not edited by me)
- If you can't see this, you are disqualified as moderator. (I have done it without moderator rights!)
- Hanno 06:41, 25 June 2012 (UTC)
- I have done:
- Generally speaking, the best way you can ensure you don't become an admin is to ask to be an admin. Moderators are generally recruited when there is a need. There isn't at the moment. The best thing you can do is to make good contributions to the wiki. What he means by fixing up pages is to ensure they look good and follow the templates consistently.--Jefe 06:46, 25 June 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks Hanno, for fixing the page. I think the page is now much better!
- --Funkykong975 14:24, 25 June 2012 (UTC)
Please read this: User_talk:Wiimm#About_P.2A.2A.2A.2A_Circuit
Hello, Why will be every update on the news or in the unfinsish custom tracks deleded?
About a user named "JasonFan"
Hello I heard that there is a user named "JasonFan".Some guys told me that sould be my second account,so i can be banned.I'm NOT "JasonFan" so please delete or restrict this account. Mkwjason 19:31, 2 January 2013 (UTC)
DS Rainbow Road
Tock,are you still working in DS Rainbow Road or you already canceled it?
- --Rukasudo90 22:31, 22 January 2013 (GMT)
I need help with my lines, could you help me there. You could make the track and I could skp that make the original model. The routes should be this: 3DS Daisy Hills, Rainbow Road (Ixarixas), N64 Rainbow Road, 3DS Rosalina's Ice World and 3DS Maka Wuhu --Ixarixas (talk) 13:09, 21 July 2013 (UTC)
- No requests to anyone please, there are many video tutorials on Youtube, just take a look at them. Or if you want a little help, get Skype.
- --MitsySueG24 (talk) 14:26, 21 July 2013 (UTC)
Super Mario Kart Wii
Hello Tock You said if I had the cheat code for the speed modifier and max lap count modifier than I can edit .
- If the Cheatcode (not the Memory Patch) with only the Lap Modifier would be released for all 4 Regions I would consider changing the Tracks to be 5 Lap. Which means KMP, KCL and BRRES edit.
- Tock (talk) 21:49, 7 August 2013 (UTC)
Here is the cheatcode: Is it correct?
Can I edit the bowser tracks from you?
- 1) The "Code" is still the same as the one in Beans Memory Patch (because it never really was anything else than a cheat code).
- 2) It's still the Lap count modifier AND the Speed Modifier and not 2 single codes.
- 3) The claiming that "Mr Evil" and "Geeh" made anything is complete bullshit because it worked before and I even told you that the code works as a Cheatcode without changing ANYTHING.
- 4) I said it would need to be released in all 4 Regions.
- 5) I said I would consider chaning it MYSELF.
- Tock (talk) 19:10, 11 September 2013 (UTC)
I need you held, Tock :-D!
I'm working on a custom track, Cons Circuit (Sunmoon Raceway). The skp is already finished. You'd have to create the track, however, I have no OBJ Exporter and droughts no money. How about if I uloade the track as skp for Sketchup and then you take care of the rest (on the route to work, create, convert distance in SZS etc. etc.). I only Sketchup. Oh yes: You may like to show as SOLE creator (So the laurels collect)! - Unsigned comment by Ixarixas
Hi Tock. I cant seem to find the name changing page and ive noticed that a small number of people have changed their names. can you re-direct me to that page or change my name? Soarin MKWII (talk) 05:36, 7 March 2014 (UTC)
Front page comment
I think the comment you meant to post is:
- A scam artist started to take down fan-games of Nintendo products on Mediafire and other file hosters. If the email of the DMCA takedown contains the domain "NintenTo.com", you should counterclaim it. Here, you can read useful tips on how to do so. You should consider other file hosters like Mega if you don't want to deal with such DMCA takedowns.
GBA Battle Course 2
Do you need to update the track more, because I made a small change, and suggesting it to be named "v1.01".
- Do as you please. I don't really care about my old battle tracks.
- Tock (talk) 20:39, 15 April 2014 (UTC)
GCN Sherbet Land
Auto-patrol is probably fine for this user, but I do not think he should have access to other moderator actions, such as deletions. First, and this is my main issue with him, he does not acknowledge or participate in discussions from moderators on his user talk page. Second, many of his actions are just ridiculously trivial - fine for auto-partol, I suppose, but also, strictly speaking almost never necessary. Quite often when I look at the recent history I see mostly just his edits. At worst his edits are things that really shouldn't have been changed, or more often, things that just do not matter either way. A moderator should have a good grasp of what should or should not be done - and if it really needs to be done - and he does not. They also should participate in discussions with other users rather than ignoring them.--Jefe (talk) 16:40, 12 September 2014 (UTC)
- The only moderator actions he now has over a normal user are "autopatrol", "mark as patrolled" and "deletion" as a trial moderator. I can see your your point of him doing many minor edits but you also have to remember that he is a moderator over at mk8.tockdom.com. In my opinion he should keep the trial mod status as long as he doesn't abuse his deletion power but of course everyone here can try to change my mind or simply add anything here about this matter.
- Tock (talk) 16:56, 12 September 2014 (UTC)
- I see your point, but I do not agree with the decision to make him a moderator on the MK8 wiki either. He doesn't communicate well, and rarely makes meaningful edits. Bean and Chadderz, absolutely should be moderators, but I do not think he is ready for it.
- The amount of edits MrBeans, Chadderz and Leseratte are so low that it's not really work. For Horstis edits I like to take a look before its patrolled.
- Tock (talk) 17:29, 12 September 2014 (UTC)
- Generally I have my own opinion about this. But Wiimmfi is not completed yet and so I spent a lot time for development. So I pick only changes of my interest.
- Back to topic: But I can understand all of your (Jefe+Tock) arguments. Maczkopeti was my nomination for MK8, because he was the most active user. And Tock agreed.
- Wiimm (talk) 18:54, 12 September 2014 (UTC)
Water + Lava Object
Mario Kart 7 Custom Tracks
Some people (me included) are working on custom tracks FOR Mario Kart 7. Example. Since you have a MK8 section, what about creating an MK7 Custom Tracks section? --Mariohack&glitch (talk) 16:00, 2 May 2015 (UTC)