Old talk is archived at User talk:Horsti12/Archive.Please continue talk here.
Remake Kart 12
- Yeah sure, I already sent you a skype request yesterday. I hope it was the right account. The best think would be when you add me (thehorsti12) --Horsti12 (talk) 16:55, 4 January 2015 (UTC)
Template field removals
- Check the edits from maczkopeti
- so I decided myself to help him to remove the =editors used part of the Template:Misc-Info and when I will ask a moderator, than it will takes days or even weeks.
- I have a lot of plans to make the Custom Mario Kart Wiiki to a much better Wiki, one plan was to build a script which automatically compare the translations on List of Retro Tracks from Mario Kart: Double Dash!!/Translation and the track translation page and than change them, so both sites use the same translations. I asked one of the moderators 2 months ago about it and still nothing happens. Same for the translation pages itself: I talked with one of the moderators to move the translations from CTGP Revolution/Translation/Track Names to List of Retro Tracks from Mario Kart: Double Dash!!/Translation and there wasn't a answer and then I did it for 2 months ago without asking a moderator and maczkopeti helped me on the sites and the other moderators nothing said agains or about it. I hope you know what I mean! Thanks for understanding. Best regards from the clouddealer
- --Horsti12 (talk) 20:46, 3 February 2015 (UTC)
- I don't want to remove it from ALL pages, just some pages where the authors don't actually make use of it. Same goes for the difficulty field, as on pages other than tracks, it's completely useless. I also think that the difficulty field should be removed by a bot in non-track pages, as there are 154 character pages alone.
- --maczkopeti (talk) 21:50, 3 February 2015 (UTC)
The point of templates is to create a uniform look on the wiki. While not every author will take advantage of the "editors used" field, it is always applicable, and it should remain on all pages and be filled in if people know them. There is no reason to remove the field just because it isn't used. If I remember correctly, at one time it created script error messages if you removed fields from a template, but it seems that was fixed by the wiki software upgrade a while back. So I agree with maczkopeti that the difficulty section should be removed if it does not apply.
And yes, you should ask a moderator or post on an appropriate talk page before attempting changes on large number of pages; it saves work for us if we don't have to revert the changes, and work for you if we are able to use a bot. You say you didn't get an answer when you asked before; did you ask directly on a moderator's talk page and are they still active? Some people like khacker have retired from the wiki, and others like Tock check in just occasionally. I don't check the wiki every day, but I will see messages on my talk page and I will respond.
--Jefe (talk) 14:24, 4 February 2015 (UTC)
- I forgot to say if you don't get a response within a reasonable time frame (no more than 3 - 4 days) after posting on an appropriate talk page then you can proceed. Of course no response can simply mean that nobody noticed it, but you've at least have given people a chance to respond to your idea.
- --Jefe (talk) 14:50, 4 February 2015 (UTC)
- Yes but the =editors used field isn't on every page, because maczkopeti started to remove it, so why I'm not allowed to do that too?
- and when I contact a moderator, than I contac them skype (when he has skype and when he added me.) like torran, khacker, because skype is moch easier for me. I get a notifications in 1 sec after the message was sent. In the wiki I can see the new message with a 5-10 minutes delay when I reload the page. I also need talk with you about DiddyKong
- --Horsti12 (talk) 15:13, 4 February 2015 (UTC)
- It's not so much about getting permission from a moderator as reaching a group consensus - is it a good idea and will other people have objections or suggest ways to improve your idea. That's why I suggest waiting a few days before doing any sort of change affecting more than 30-40 pages. In addition, while it might be more convenient for you to contact moderators directly, it does not allow other users to see or comment on your proposal.
- I don't wan't to remove it from all the pages where it's empty. The examples Horsti gave are all from Tock's tracks, and if you check the first revision of the page of his version of GCN Dino Dino Jungle, you'll notice that he substituted the template just to remove the editors used field. Many other authors, including Zilla, FunkyDude15, and Ermelber do this.
- The correct way for this is/was to change the template, so that the "editors" line is hidden if the author leaves the field empty (or set it to '-'). If doing so, the track page reminds the authors that there is a "editors used" field. But now this reminder is vanished.
- And Jefe is right: Before doing so massive page edits, start a brainstorm discussion.
- --Wiimm (talk) 21:50, 4 February 2015 (UTC)
- Ok I will do it. --Horsti12 (talk) 14:19, 9 February 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks for add me :) --Horsti12 (talk) 16:40, 9 August 2015 (UTC)
Lap & Speed Modifier
I'm pretty new MKWii mods, the most I've done so far is use custom track distributions and apply some Gecko codes here and there.
I would like to increase the overall speed of MK tracks, on the regular Nintendo game and also on Wiimm's MK-Fun series, to get a similar feel to the 200cc in MK8. I found this link: http://wiki.tockdom.com/wiki/Lap_&_Speed_Modifier I've also read a bit of documentation on Wiimm's tools, but I'm not very knowledgeable and still don't quite know how to achieve this.
How is Wiimm's Lap & Speed Modifier used?
What is the Gecko code on the wiki.tockdom.com site used for? When I applied it, it did not seem to affect anything like other codes do.
--Unsigned comment by Lsh4 (talk).
Any help is appreciated, and thank you!
- I have changed the title, because Lap & Speed Modifier is made by MrBean35000vr.
--Unsigned comment by Wiimm (talk).
I can't access Custom Mario Kart from Google Search anymore
Hi, ever since yesterday (I think), whenever I try to access Custom Mario Kart from Google Search, it redirects to "wiki.tockdom.de" and after that, it says that it was not possible to access this site. Can you check out what's going on? Sarantis (talk) 17:18, 7 February 2019 (UTC)