User talk:Ctlgmb mkw
Welcome to the Custom Mario Kart Wiiki!
Thank you for joining the Custom Mario Kart Wiiki!
Before you get started, Click here to read the Rules page.
Keep the following in mind as you contribute to the site:
- Make good edits. Always use the SHOW PREVIEW button to check your changes before you use the SAVE button. If you make a mistake, wait 15 minutes before saving the same page a third or fourth time in a row.
- Saving lots of edits without PREVIEWING will get the moderators on your case, and can get you banned from the Wiiki.
- If you plan to update a lot of pages in a short period of time, please clear it with a moderator first.
- Write articles in third person (using words like he, she and they) instead of first person (I, me and we.) User pages and talk pages are the exceptions to this rule.
- Use correct grammar, spelling and capitalization.
- If someone posts on your talk page, please post a reply.
- Sign all of your posts on talk pages with four tildes (~~~~). This will turn into your name and the time you wrote the comment.
- Don't delete anything from your talk page.
- Use the Templates on the Main Page when making new articles for content such as Custom Tracks, Texture Hacks, Characters and other releases.
- We encourage all content makers to create a User Link to put on their release pages and to add it to the Author List.
Hello, according to your Biker Daisy (Touring Edition), a password is needed to get the file, but according to the Wiiki rule number 3, the main download link in an article cannot require registration or a password.
In my opinion, I like this idea of having a secret password hidden in a custom track, but I'm not sure if we can accept that. Maybe you can give a download link without compression password and one with it, but that would not be as fun. I suggest instead of adding a page for the custom character, you just add it in the custom track's overview (and include the custom character with password in the track's download link), and that could be accepted. —Atlas (talk) – 12:19, 6 April 2018 (UTC)
- I understood. So, Biker Daisy enters as a bonus for the next CT to be released and changes to include the download link on the track's page. —lgmb (talk) 16:45, 6 April 2018 (UTC)
Suggestions for Optimization and Improvement of Big Nature City
(repost from discord as requested by Zach) When going through BNC and why the new version lags (it's mipmapping, however everything else also stands), I created a list of potential optimization and improvements for the track.
- Using a shadow map is expensive (each quad [2x2 pixel on the wii's frame buffer] is rendered exponentially slower with every additional tev/indirect stage)(edited)
- Vertex colors only require a shader with one stage, which is twice as fast as a shadow map, and also does not involve multiplying two textures (two stages)
- With a register animation, you can slowly and subtly control how the day changes, and will not be swapping out max res textures in memory
- The new shader would be, as a mathematical expression, vertex_color * texture_color * (1-inverse_day_color_register_or_konstant)(edited)
- The shadow map could also be replaced with vertex colors and bump mapping (fully visible at night, using projected spotlight), only going from an effective 2 to 3 stages
- Almost every texture needs mipmapping
- The color change is done currently by using a color map. The current setup could be replaced with two channels (current 3)
- Intensity channel is used for shadows (multiplied by constant in tev)
- Alpha channel is used for masking spotlights so they are not also colored
- Spotlights can be done as geometry with a visibility animation or a register animation
- With a visibility animation, they will appear suddenly as they do
- With a register animation, they can slowly come on or flicker on
- Thank you for letting me know about this. However, part of the file link is not made. It will update the link After completion fix. —lgmb (talk) 14:32, 11 July 2018 (UTC)