Talk:Wii U Excitebike Arena (NinYoda1)
Thanks for divide the Custom Track Distributions
Thanks for divide the Custom Track Distributions. Okay, when everybody would make it like you than we have the following problem:
- Wiimm would reserve 10 Tracks for Wiimms Mario Kart Fun
- MrBean35000vr would reserve 80 Tracks for CTGP Revolution
- Wine would reserve 50 Tracks for Wine's CT Pack
- Huili would reserve 60 Tracks for MKW Hack Pack
- Took me a moment to figure out what Horsti12 was talking about, but I see the rather odd restriction of "Note: This track is only allowed to be used in MKW Hack Pack." Now since NinYoda1 did not edit this page himself, and I don't see it on the video page, I have to ask, where did this arbitrary restriction come from? I see that it was present in the initial edit by Maczkopeti, but where did he get it from?
- So to reiterate Horsti's argument, if one distro gets exclusive use of a certain track, where does it stop? What then is the point of releasing a track to the public? For me, releasing a level is done for the community. For everyone to enjoy, or perhaps even revile. Restricting a level to a certain distro goes against the community spirit that this wiki strives to encourage, and fragments the user base. Want to play Track X then Track Y? Sorry, but they're in different distros, bro.
- That's also why our Published Works Policy states that "Your are only allowed to post freely usable content on this wiki." The meaning has always been that any finished track released here can be used in any distro. It would seem, however, that the etiquette section contradicts this stance by stating that "Custom content added to the Wiiki can be included in any Distribution unless specifically prohibited by the content's author." However, the usage thus far of the etiquette clause has been to prohibit alphas, proofs-of-concept and other unfinished levels from being added to ANY distro, with the understanding that finished levels are to freely usable. This statement has never been used to restrict usage to a certain distro, at least to my knowledge. If it has, it shouldn't have happened and violates our policy.
- In the first place, Excitebike was never published on this wiki, that's why I estimate to have the right to choose to which pack it can go.
Secondly, you say: "Restricting a level to a certain distro goes against the community spirit that this wiki strives to encourage, and fragments the user base." then why has you we not access to tracks in the file CTGP and why the track " star slope " are reserved that has the update CTGP? Thank you.(talk) 20:15, 13 May 2015 (UTC)