Talk:3DS Rainbow Road
7 Rainbow Road doesn't sound good of a name. At least change it to 7th Rainbow Road or pick another name.
Examples could be:
I happen to like 7 Rainbow Road, but I think it would be better with the number written as a word: Seven Rainbow Road. In the case of CTGP translations, it is ultimately up to Chadderz and Bean which names are selected. --Jefe (talk) 18:20, 9 April 2013 (UTC)
- I'd say go with Rainbow Road: Solar Edition. It sounds a lot better than 7 Rainbow Road and makes sure to remove all the references to 3DS, to be consistent with the other 3DS tracks in CTGP-R and lower the risk of copyright trouble. --BigOto (talk) 05:10, 16 September 2013 (UTC)
- My version will be cannon-free. I'm still trying to figure out the logistics but whatever I put to replace the MK7 elements will not involve cannons as they wouldn't really work for the short distances (and they are ugly in my opinion). --BigOto (talk) 21:20, 19 July 2013 (UTC)
2 laps? The original was 1 lap. ~ Camewel
- It's 2 laps for a few reasons, but the main reason why I chose 2 laps was because it adds more strategy to the placement of bananas and FIBs as players will pass through each area more than once. A lot of people also thought that the original was too short and/or did not like the "sectioned" format so this makes it a compromise of sorts. There are also some background elements that move over time, which makes more sense if players can see them relative to their position on the track more than once. If distribution creators want to modify it to make it 1 lap (or 3 laps if they dare!) they can go ahead and do so. --BigOto (talk) 03:47, 16 September 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks, I talked to Troy about this and we decided that if (when) it gets into CTT it'll probably be 1 lap. ~ Camewel
- This seems to be a universal issue no matter where I upload the track to, as each anti-virus seems to react differently to each website. To counter this I'll upload a mirror to both Dropbox and Mega this weekend as I currently don't have much time at all for non-school-or-college-related-stuff, but in the mean time try pausing the antivirus, downloading, then re-enabling immediately after. --BigOto (talk) 01:47, 18 September 2013 (UTC)
The Track is a 3 and not a 2 lap track. The Author didn´t change the Unknown A Data in the STGI section of the KMP.
- Except I did. Read the article know why it still shows 3 laps in many cases. --BigOto (talk) 23:32, 20 September 2013 (UTC)
The Articel says:
When the track is run with the lap count modifier code, races will only last two laps, which equates to approximately four and a half minutes. It is otherwise a full 3-lap track, which is too long for online play.
But if I insert the track in Cam, Tom and Troy's CTGP Pack or Super Mario Kart Wii than the track had 3 laps. So I looked in the kmp and there are no changes at the STGI Section. --Horsti12 (talk) 06:26, 21 September 2013 (UTC)
- Except it isn't from CTGP, it'll only work in CTGP. --MitsySueG24 (talk) 16:14, 21 September 2013 (UTC)
Wrong if BigOto changes the Laps in the KMP than it works when you insert the track in a distrbution which featured the max lap count modifier code like Cam, Tom and Troy's CTGP Pack, Super Mario Kart Wii or CTGP Revolution v1.03 --Horsti12 (talk) 16:17, 21 September 2013 (UTC)
- But how about if this was just for testing? Plus it 3x the fun because its 3 laps, your making a big fuss on a small issue. --MitsySueG24 (talk) 16:23, 21 September 2013 (UTC)
- It appears that the KMP somehow got messed up, thanks for letting me know. I'll upload a version for 1 lap and 2 laps with the release video (not sure when that will be). In the meantime you can edit it yourselves. :-) Please don't rush me on, as I'm currently in senior year, very busily filling out college applications and I just took my first ACT earlier today. --BigOto (talk) 20:36, 21 September 2013 (UTC)
- Hi BigOto2, and Chapeau!! (Hope you know that word)
- Today I have created a 2 lap version. Until some online tests in the next days I plan to put it into my track archive and write a notice here in the history. How shall I call the version? v1.L2, v1-l2, v1.2laps, ..... I prefer the first one and every version you release may have this variant.
- Wiimm (talk) 15:56, 8 October 2013 (UTC)
About the first section
- You most likely did not know, but aurora.brres's KCL is hard-coded to work only in a certain location, which matches up with Wii Rainbow Road's placement. Implementing it in this track would require building the track around that Object. This will most likely not happen, due to the spinning tunnel being worked around similarly.
- -- Have a nice day, from ZillaSpaz 20:17, 31 October 2013 (UTC)
- If you got the course to be perfectly positioned around aurora.brres, then I hope it is angled correctly. Consider that the spinning tunnel KCL is already at the correct angle. Combining the spinning tunnel KCL angle and angle/position of aurora.brres doesn't seem likely to happen to me.
- -- Have a nice day, from ZillaSpaz 20:14, 1 November 2013 (UTC)
Porting/Ripping the model
I want to know how do you port/rip the model from MK7.That would be a big help for me. CustomArio 10:24 ,26 June 2014 (UTC+8)
- There is no possible to port/rip any model from any 3DS game at the moment. BigOto re-made the model from scratch, using only the full bottom map screen and his copy of Mario Kart 7 as a reference. He also used an advance 3D modeling tool called 3ds Max to re-create the model. --Quajeek99 (talk) 02:30, 26 June 2014 (UTC)
- How did he re-made the model from scratch? --CustomArio 14:29 ,26 June 2014 (UTC+8)
It might come as a shock, but it's possible to make a model look like one from another game just using some reference materials (screenshots, textures, video, map layout, or the game itself) and the user's skill and knowledge in his or her chosen modeling editor. Also, PLEASE put a space after your periods and commas. It's annoying as heck trying read your posts. --Jefe (talk) 16:02, 27 June 2014 (UTC)
- That will be a hard thing to do for a newbie in the custom track department (like me), and what you just said, Jefe, is part of the reason I like this track. Hats off to BigOto2. --Michael (talk) 18:04, 27 June 2014 (UTC)
- OK, now I think I am doing the same exact thing here: N64 Rainbow Road (CustomArio). --CustomArio (talk) 02:35, 25 July 2014 (UTC)