|Creator:||Baoulettes, WorldsBoss, Tock|
Somewhere deep in the heart of Mushroom City, sits a small park surrounded by many large buildings.
Petite Park has actually had multiple unreleased alphas, due in part to intense testing at every level of development, but also because at one point, the model was almost ready but then it was decided by the creators that it was not quite right so the work began again. Below are some very early screenshots of how the track used to look:
A Change in Ownership
Halfway through the development of this track the creator (Baoulettes) encountered some issues first with his computer and then other commitments his personal life so was sadly forced to abandon the project shortly after finishing the final version of the course_model. Fortunately before leaving the community altogether he sent the model to a good friend and fellow custom track creator, Tock, who was so impressed with how professionally the track had been done that he requested that he finished the track instead of Baoulettes.
However, Tock also had other custom track projects along with various other responsibilities such as the maintenance of the Custom Mario Kart Wiiki so another pause in Petite Park's progress became an unfortunate necessity. Further problems were then encountered in terms of placing Miis in the track, that combined with a frustrating limit to the size of the KCL meant that the track was delayed for longer still.
|State of development||Image||Information|
|Alpha||A picture of the Alpha model.|
|Beta||A picture of the Beta map.|
|Beta||Original texturing of buildings.|
- This track is the second design by WorldsBoss to have been made into an actual custom track for Mario Kart Wii. Originally the designer didn't have very high hopes for this one but after a lot of thinking and some great work on behalf of the maker Baoulettes some great ideas arrived for how to make it a really epic custom track.
- The track was meant to be a baby themed course focused around Baby Mario/Luigi, however the end product barely relates to this at all and instead appears to relate more to Yoshi because of all the Yoshi eggs scattered around the course.
- The original design contained many objects that were never included in the final released version, that is because these objects didn't really make sense and weren't keeping with the theme of the track.
- The word Petite is French for small/little, and the creator of the track model (Baoulettes) is rather coincidentally also French!
|Version||Date of release||Information|
|RC1 (v1)||2011-12-24||First release|
|v1.1||2012-02-05||Fixed Harry Potter Effect.|
|v1.2||2013-11-15|| Update by Wiimm:
|v1.2.1||2019-02-14|| Update by Huili:
|v1.3||2018-06-05|| Update by Huili:
- KCL glitch behind the half-pipe
- KCL glitch at the half-pipes
- The track sometimes freezes online after the race.
Custom Track Distributions
This track is part of the following Custom Track Distributions:
Names in Other Languages
SNES Bowser Castle 1 – SNES Bowser Castle 2 – SNES Bowser Castle 3 – SNES Rainbow Road
GCN Luigi Circuit – GCN Baby Park – GCN Mushroom Bridge – GCN Mushroom City – GCN Sherbet Land – GCN Yoshi Circuit – GCN Wario Colosseum – GCN Bowser's Castle – GCN Rainbow Road