Difference between revisions of "Mushroom Peaks"
(→Names in Other Languages)
|Line 90:||Line 90:|
Revision as of 04:02, 15 August 2014
|Creator:||MrBean35000vr and Chadderz|
|Editors used:||SZS Modifier|
Often lovingly referred to as Mushie Peaks by fans, this custom track takes inspiration from Mushroom Gorge. Despite its high level of popularity, this track has received high criticism in the past about its mushroom placement being too hard - however requests for the change of their location have been rejected as it would remove much of the challenge from the course that allowed it to become so popular in the first place.
Quote from the RC1 release video (shown below under "Media"):
"Welcome to another new track for Mario Kart Wii, clearly based heavily on Mushroom Gorge: Mushroom Peaks.
This track is the longest, hardest and by far the prettiest looking track that me and Chadderz have made so far. It features annoying respawns, lots and lots of areas to die/sheer drops, and more bouncy mushrooms than you can shake a stick at. Very often, the track can't be completed in 5 minutes due to its length, ESPECIALLY if it's 100cc (see video :P)
This course was designed by me (Mr Bean) however, huge credit goes to Chadderz for coding the SZS Modifier, making all of this possible and listening to my many nagging requests (believe me if he hadn't, this course wouldn't have turned out nearly as nicely as it did)."
|Version||Date of release||Information|
|RC2||2009-12-23||Fixed KCL error that caused people to fall through the track.|
|RC3||2009-12-??||KCL grid added to reduce online lag.|
|RC4||2010-??-??||Fixed bug that prevented mushrooms appearing in multiplayer.|
|RC5||2012-09-07||Item route overhaul, respawns fixed, more objects added.|
- Although Mushroom Peaks was the 4th released custom track, it was the first one to not be based upon another track from a previous Mario game. The first three released tracks were SNES Rainbow Road, GBA Rainbow Road, and GBA Cheep Cheep Island.
- Of these, Mushroom Peaks was the third to be released by MrBean35000vr.
- A Bullet Bill is a very powerful item in this track because once a player has passed the first two bouncy mushrooms on the fast mushroom route, activating the Bullet Bill will take them the rest of the way - guarenteeing them a safe landing.
- On December 31st 2009, MrBean35000vr uploaded a video of Mushroom Peaks in a live view with every observed player in the room also using the track. This made Mushroom Peaks the first Mario Kart Wii custom track to be seen in a functioning live view across the internet.
Custom Track Distributions
This track is part of the following Custom Track Distributions:
- CTGP 2.8 (RC4)
- CTGP Revolution (RC4)
- CTGP Revolution v1.02 (RC5)
- CtocKartWii 3.0 (RC4)
- Wiimms Mario Kart Fun 2010-12 (texture hack by Teknik)
Names in Other Languages
CTMKF PC Font