GCN Peach Beach
|Appearance(s):|| Mario Kart: Double Dash!!|
Mario Kart Wii
|Cup appearance(s):|| Mushroom Cup (GCN)|
Shell Cup (Wii)
Layout and Description
The course itself is reminiscent of Gelato Beach from Super Mario Sunshine, although it appears to have drawn inspiration from several other locations in the game. The course starts near a Delfino Plaza esque setting, borrowing several components directly from the stage, such as the Pianta Statue. From there, a stone path leads to a right turn, connecting to the beach itself. Several obstacles appears at this point, such as Cataquacks and a rising tide. The beach runs along the edge of the water, eventually leading another stoned path after a 180° turn. The stone path continues forward at a slight incline, leading back to the finish line.
Differences between versions
While the track layout did not receives any modifications from its appearance in Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, several alterations were made for its appearance as a retro track in Mario Kart Wii:
- The warp pipe seen in Double Dash!! is absent.
- Blue Cataquacks are completely absent.
- In Time Trial mode, Cataquacks do not attempt to attack the player unless touched.
- The Pianta Statue no longer appears as a Power Star in VS Mode.
- Several characters are now seen aboard The Sunshine.
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
- Instruction booklet: “Princess Peach’s favorite beach resort! Beware the Cataquacks wandering about the shoreline. The course changes with the tide, so watch the waterline for your change at a big shortcut.”
- Official website: “This ain’t no day at the beach, so stay out of the water. Peach Beach does not have many corners, but the Cataquacks on the beach are worth avoiding.”
- Official European website: “Take a spin around Isle Delfino, from Super Mario Sunshine, and see if you can spot the Daisy Cruiser circuit in the background.”
Mario Kart Wii
- Instruction booklet: "There may not be a hidden green pipe anymore, but this Double Dash track is deceptively simple. After a roar down the cobblestone straight, there's a long curve onto the beach (or a dash panel ramp off a concrete pier), and a choice of paths via an island ramp or a beach where Cataquacks roam. Remember that the tide comes in on the second lap! Once you're through the pink arch, there's a second smaller beach before a final sharp corner, and race to the finish!"
- Official website: "You won't have much time to admire the ocean view as you tear across the sand and the cobbled streets of Peach Beach. Oh, and watch out for the changing tide!"
GCN Peach Beach shares its musical theme with GCN Daisy Cruiser.
It was composed by Asuka Ota and Ryo Nagamatsu.
Names in Other Languages
|Dutch:||GCN Peach Strand|
|French:||GCN Plage Peach|
|German:||GCN Peach Beach|
|Italian:||GCN Spiaggia di Peach|
|Korean:||GC 피치 비치|
|Portuguese:||GCN Praia Peach|
|Russian:||GCN Пляж Пич|
|Spanish:||GCN Playa de Peach (NSTC)|
GCN Playa Peach (PAL)
|Greek:||GCN Παραλία της Πητς|
|Polish:||GCN Plaża dla Peach|
|Finnish:||GCN Peach Ranta|
- DS Cheep Cheep Beach from Mario Kart DS uses both scaled and re-colored versions of the textures in this course.
- Despite never appearing in Mario Kart Wii, the data needed to place a Blue Cataquack from Mario Kart: Double Dash!! still exists in the Wii version.
- This is the first course to have GCN Daisy Cruiser make a cameo appearance, a trait also shared with GCN Yoshi Circuit. This would later be carried over into GP Mario Beach and Daisy Circuit, respectively.
- It also appears as if GP Mario Beach was both named and styled after Peach Beach.