|Date of latest version:||2012-12-29|
|Editors used:||3ds Max, SZS Modifier|
Haunted Woods is a custom track designed by WorldsBoss and created by thondam. It takes place in a ghostly forest. There are a lot of twists and turns, plus various objects to avoid. At the time of its first release, this was the first track to successfully use objects from different tracks. This was achieved by hex editing the SZS file and inserting more files. Nowadays, it is far easier to port objects from different tracks. The original design can be found here.
Several years on, and the one once beautifully kept domain of DS Peach Gardens has been abandoned and allowed to grow out of control! The area is now inhabited by, but Mario and friends must summon the courage to complete three laps while avoiding , , , , and on this eerie woodland trail.
|Version||Date of release||Information|
|v1.1||2011-07-02|| Update by AndyK:
|v1.2||2011-09-02|| Update by Wiimm:
|v1.2.ctgp||2012-09-30|| Update by MrBean35000vr:
|v1.3||2011-09-04|| Update by Wiimm:
|v1.3.boost||2011-11-05|| Update by Wiimm:
|v1.4||2012-12-29|| Update by Wiimm:
|v1.4-alt1||2016-04-25|| Update by maczkopeti:
|v1.4-alt1.top100||2020-05-30|| Update by Skipper93653:
Custom Track Distributions
This track is part of the following Custom Track Distributions:
- Best of the Worst (v1.4-alt1)
- Boost Track Grand Prix (v1.3.boost)
- CTGP Revolution (Details)
- CTGP Revolution Classic (v1.2.ctgp)
- CtocKartWii 3.0 (v1.0)
- Cuber's Hack Pack (v1.4)
- Cuberluigi CT Pack (v1.4)
- Mario Kart Adventures (v1.4)
- Mario Kart Awesomeness (v1.3)
- Mario Kart Cris (Details)
- Mario Kart Fusion (v1.4-alt1.top100)
- Mario Kart Infinite (Details)
- Mario Kart Wii: The Top 100 (v1.4-alt1.top100)
- MKWii CT Origins (Details)
- Nitro CT Pack (v1.4)
- OptPack (v1.4)
- The Puzzling Hotel (Details)
- Wiimms Mario Kart Fun (Details)
Names in Other Languages
|Russian:||Лес с привидениями|
- Originally, the mansion was not going to be incorporated as part of the track. As a result of this, the minimap does not include it and when you enter it, the map shows that you are driving out of bounds. Also, the mansion has no routes assigned to it as the decision to make it a part of the track was made at a fairly late stage in the project; therefore, none of the CPUs would ever enter the building, and any items that require routes (such as Blue Shells or Bullet Bills) will fail if used inside. With v1.2, Wiimm defined enemy and item routes for the mansion.
- The inside of the mansion was subject to some design changes between the beta and RC1 due to the positioning of some special item boxes within.
- In the original design, the map was actually the other way around. This means that in 50cc, 100cc, and 150cc engine classes, the track will actually be a mirror version of the initial plans, and in Mirror Mode, the track is really the correct way around.
- The pipes at the start of the track do not fly up in the air when struck by a player using a powerful item (Star, Bullet Bill, Mega Mushroom) like those in Luigi Circuit or SNES Mario Circuit 3. The reason behind this is that they are not the same pipes. The ones at the start of the track are actually the pipes from potted Piranha Plants (which do not move when hit with power items).
- Sometimes, when the player is falling off the track, they will notice that some of the walls below the track level are not solid and can be fallen through. This was done intentionally to save space in the KCL file.
- From the inside, the mansion appears to have no roof. This is because it is the same model used in DS Peach Gardens, and in that track, the player was never supposed to be able to enter it; therefore, the roof has no assigned texture, which makes it appear invisible.
- Haunted Woods was first added to CTGP in the 2.8 update where it replaced DK Summit. As a result of this, there was snow constantly falling during races. This was not accidental; however, the author decided that it should take this track slot because he believed that the snow would resemble pollen, but few fans picked up on this and now in more recent updates the falling snow has been removed.
- At the time of its initial inclusion, CTGP did not feature expanded text for the track names beyond their normal limit. As a result of this, the PAL versions of the game (where the original track name was DK's Snowboard Cross) had space for the whole name "Haunted Woods" to appear; however, in NTSC-U versions (where the original track name was DK Summit), there was not enough space. The track was known as "HauntWood" until the next CTGP update which allowed for longer names.
- Haunted Woods was also part of the first Wiimms Mario Kart Fun in 2010 and was never removed from the series.
- This track has several item boxes where only one item can be obtained by default; hidden in this track are boxes that will only give out Mushrooms, Mega Mushrooms, Green Shells, and Thunder Clouds. This means that Haunted Woods has the most fixed item boxes out of any track currently in CTGP-R.
- This was the first of many designs by the original creator, WorldsBoss.
- Wiimm used v1.2 of this track to find out how cameras work. Haunted Woods was the first custom track with a complete opening and finish camera setup.